Post subject: New Penley LD shaft
PostPosted: June 15th, 2012, 7:34 am 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New Penley LD shaft
PostPosted: June 16th, 2012, 12:36 am 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

DrGreen wrote:

HI does any one know what a ZONE flex is :???: i know when I'm in the zone i can feel the flex :thumbup:

ALDILA, INTEGRA,
Discount to GolfBizTalk members

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 16th, 2012, 3:56 pm 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

Anyone want to take a try at this? :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 17th, 2012, 12:36 am 

No doubt a new 'dope' word thought up by some spotty 19 year old marketeer fresh into their first job, and raring to impact upon the sports world after their first golf lesson last weekend.

(If this site accepted my photo - please imagine a sign 'Comedy Zone.')

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 17th, 2012, 8:28 am 

mr head in the sanders-
from what i have seen and heard from and of you the picture should be of you (comedy zone)
how's that 'getting the ball on the tee' practice going? i heard it takes a good 1 minute + for you to tee the ball up and all that is to just go ob or to hit one 40 yards shorter of everyone else -keep throwing that money in-divisions love donations

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 17th, 2012, 1:29 pm 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

SandersLongdrive wrote:
No doubt a new 'dope' word thought up by some spotty 19 year old marketeer fresh into their first job, and raring to impact upon the sports world after their first golf lesson last weekend.

(If this site accepted my photo - please imagine a sign 'Comedy Zone.')

Actually it's a concept that Carter Penley came up with and I believe he has also patented the phrase.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 18th, 2012, 5:42 pm 

I could hit that. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: July 26th, 2012, 2:05 pm 

DrGreen wrote:
SandersLongdrive wrote:

Actually it's a concept that Carter Penley came up with and I believe he has also patented the phrase.
DrGreen wrote:
SandersLongdrive wrote:

Dr.Green is correct- Zone Flex Characterization was developed by Carter Penley and not by some "spotty 19 year old marketeer fresh into their first job". Also known as "Z Flex", the concept and theories behind Zone Flex are this - From Carter:

"During the many years of working with PGA Touring Pros and major OEM's I did realize that I had developed some very proprietary information that could be transitioned to a new product and soon developed the TBAR (Tip to Butt Aspect Ration) algorithm with Zone Flex Characterization to perfect the design solution that could be transitioned successfully to production.

Essentially I net design to each flex range (R's are R's, S's are S's etc. etc. and the twain shall not meet) and machine each flex range to a very tight tolerance. Players can be fitted into one of eight 'Zone Flexes'. These flex ranges and Zone Flex Characterizations have been developed through many years of continuous player analysis and statistical data to maintain a linear regression line through the center of all data points of equipment and player development."

More "official" information regarding the zone flex to come- but we are in the process of putting this all on the website so a better understanding of how Zone flex works- straight from "The Big C" himself-

Chanel
www.penleysports.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: July 17th, 2013, 12:41 am 

Not sure if you guys were looking for more information about the Long Drive shaft, but the specs and info are here:

http://www.penleysports.com/products/pe ... -ld-shaft/

Profile E-mail