It is currently May 24th, 2018, 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Club workshop
PostPosted: February 25th, 2013, 3:36 pm 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

My latest addition ............what have you guys added so far this year or are planning to?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Club workshop
PostPosted: February 25th, 2013, 3:45 pm 

my work shop is in boxes currently, after the move I haven't dedicated myself to even so much as installing a usable vice. I haven't missed it yet but will this spring when I need a couple grips installed. Moving is such a pain. The new set up will most likely be in the garage as I haven't allocated any space within the home or basement for the purpose. Plenty of space there, just gotta get in the mood to do it, and of course some help with the weather would be nice.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: February 26th, 2013, 1:05 pm 

I made myself a laser spine finder and had to buy a new shaft puller.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 8th, 2013, 8:11 am 

I think this will be an upcoming project http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/550805-diy-club-length-ruler/.

Came across it when I was looking for a cheap bench ruler. I will change the design a little. Instead of mounting it directly to the bench, I will used 54" x 5" (or slighter bigger to accomodate 48" + the size of bracket) piece of MDF. I will used a threaded insert and screw to mount the bracket to the MDF (I think that would be better for adjustments), and a 48" adhesive ruler to mount to the MDF. Lastly, maybe add some guide pins to add in properly alignment.

Hmm...now I am thinking if this would be a good project for the maker of the No BS Spine Finder....at the right price, I would rather buy one than make one :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 8th, 2013, 1:38 pm 

yaffldaffl wrote:
I think this will be an upcoming project http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/550805-diy-club-length-ruler/.

Came across it when I was looking for a cheap bench ruler. I will change the design a little. Instead of mounting it directly to the bench, I will used 54" x 5" (or slighter bigger to accomodate 48" + the size of bracket) piece of MDF. I will used a threaded insert and screw to mount the bracket to the MDF (I think that would be better for adjustments), and a 48" adhesive ruler to mount to the MDF. Lastly, maybe add some guide pins to add in properly alignment.

Hmm...now I am thinking if this would be a good project for the maker of the No BS Spine Finder....at the right price, I would rather buy one than make one :wink:

http://www.mitchellgolf.com/CLUBLENGTH- ... -Tool.html
$59.99 :thumbup: