It is currently May 23rd, 2018, 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: asking for Myrtle Beach input
PostPosted: March 13th, 2014, 8:52 pm 

I 've been there 3 times, only played on one trip played 3 courses, man o war, world tour and wicked stick. Didnt really care for wicked stick, just a bland stroll through a scenery starved meadow.

Looking for the best courses for your dollar. Willing to spend $80-90 . The idea of spending over $100 on a round of golf makes me cringe, unless the experience is magnificent, then I would consider it.

Whats your best advice? Gonna be there April 6th through 10th.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: asking for Myrtle Beach input
PostPosted: March 14th, 2014, 8:02 am 

Dan,

I went with a group of guys for about 20 years to MB so I have experienced the good and the bad.... is this a hardcore golfing trip or will there be non-golfers going as well? The reason I ask is that for the hardcore trip I prefer Barefoot Resort as it has four courses there (designed by Norman, Love, Fazio, and Dye), you simply park your car and there is no driving to and from the course which I always detested. However, nothing much to do there but golf so a non-golfer would be extremely bored.

At this years Golf Show most resorts had a program where you called with your plans and they gave you a quote, I'll bet Barefoot does the same and bet you could use your negiotating skills to use as well.

If you are wanting to do other courses, and good start is contacting Myrtle Beach Gold Holiday, One call sets up all your tee times, the last time I did this they were grouped by priced with the the better courses having a surcharge.

Keep me in the loop I will try to pass on whatever infomation I might be able to impart.

Dave

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 14th, 2014, 8:06 am 

Dan,

Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday, typing skills are going away daily.....

Dave

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 16th, 2014, 8:49 am 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

In my humble opinion, Caledonia is a must play!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 16th, 2014, 10:33 am 

Everything you could ever ask about MB is answered here: http://www.myrtlebeachgolftalk.com/Forum.aspx

I live a little more than an hour from MB and have played my fair share of courses down there. In your price range, a few of them you might want to consider are King's North, Long Bay, Grand Dunes, Heather Glen, Shaftesbury Glen, Heritage Plantation, the Legends courses, and the cheaper Big Cats courses (i.e. Lion's Paw & Panther's Run).

The more expensive courses ($110-180 range) to consider are Caledonia, TPC Myrtle Beach, True Blue, Dunes Club (if you can get on), Barefoot Dye/Love.

A few of the cheaper courses that I enjoy include Myrtle Beach National South/West courses, Wild Wing Avocet, Meadowland, The Pearl, Indian Wells, and Sandpiper Bay.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 17th, 2014, 9:59 am 

Oyster Bay (Quite possibly my favorite course ever)
Barefoot Resort Courses (any of the 4)
Grande Dunes Resort Course
The Legends Courses (any of the 3)
The Witch
Heather Glen
Glen Dornoch
Wild Wing Avocet

Some may be above $100, but check with whatever resort you're staying at and see if they're concierge has any deals. Most of the courses team with the local resorts for special deals. For example, the Barefoot courses list as being like $180, but everytime I've played there, I've never paid more than $80.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 24th, 2014, 6:39 am 

THanks for the advice, I'll get going on setting up a couple rounds this week. Pretty sure Pawley's will be a part of it.

Profile E-mail