It is currently December 14th, 2017, 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: I get it... I can be an asshole, but...
PostPosted: September 30th, 2013, 6:36 pm 

I think your letter back was perfect. You always know if a group is going to let you through, and clearly this group was not. Yes, things might have a gotten a bit snippy, but hey, were guys, that's what happens. You did the right thing and personally went to one person and apologized in person, sounds like he apologized back, you went and had a beer and all was okay. Again, that is what guys do. Guys do not write a letter telling on you.

You handled this, Dan, in my book perfectly. Do not give it another night's worry.

Dave

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: October 1st, 2013, 8:04 pm 

Thought of this thread today. Old 4 some didn't want to let me through. I had to yell up to them to ask. Avoiding eye contact, etc.
It was so empty, but they wanted to see if they could keep me behind them and "play fast." Well, it's painful to watch you top every shot as you rush, so why not just let me through and enjoy the rest of your day? I don't get it?
Walked in 2:45 and shot +1 72. I was moving pretty darn good. You can't play much faster than that. That was with waiting on them for about 15 minutes on the 14th hole. LOL! Hit and walk is so enjoyable!!

PostPosted: October 4th, 2013, 7:27 am 

I had a member pull me aside the other day and wanted to speak with me about the incident, my first reaction , although silent was, seriously you're gonna bash me too. On the contrary, apparently he heard em talking about it at the barber shop (wow, really!?) One of his friends was in the group and he told him they did exactly what I thought they did. One guy says let's let them play through and another guy in their group responded "fuck em they can go through on the next hole." Pretty much what i thought but I feel better about it now having confirmation of that.

Inconsiderate golfers are something I just won't tolerate, not necessarily slow play or anything in particular just being inconsiderate in any manner. I am not perfect by any stretch or measure but I am considerate on the golf course. I routinely fix 3 or 4 pitch marks while waiting to putt and I have let people go through in every conceivable scenario without question or remorse. Knowing the difference between right and wrong is one thing, applying that knowledge is what makes the difference.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: October 4th, 2013, 7:49 am 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

ND Fan wrote:
I had a member pull me aside the other day and wanted to speak with me about the incident, my first reaction , although silent was, seriously you're gonna bash me too. On the contrary, apparently he heard em talking about it at the barber shop (wow, really!?) One of his friends was in the group and he told him they did exactly what I thought they did. One guy says let's let them play through and another guy in their group responded "fuck em they can go through on the next hole." Pretty much what i thought but I feel better about it now having confirmation of that.

Inconsiderate golfers are something I just won't tolerate, not necessarily slow play or anything in particular just being inconsiderate in any manner. I am not perfect by any stretch or measure but I am considerate on the golf course. I routinely fix 3 or 4 pitch marks while waiting to putt and I have let people go through in every conceivable scenario without question or remorse. Knowing the difference between right and wrong is one thing, applying that knowledge is what makes the difference.

Totally agree .........but I know you have far more class than to leave a pin on the ground.

Profile E-mail