It is currently December 14th, 2017, 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Jack Hamm - phony or a brilliant marketeer ........
PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 4:08 pm 

Love his infomercial or hate it. I guess that debate will never be settled. And I must admit I'm not a fan of any of his clubs except the Super Pro. But, that one club head flat out performs. Before condeming the man and his products I would suggest buying a used Super Pro, putting a quality shaft into it, and give it a fair chance. If this 60 year old duffer can put an occasional drive out over 300 yards with it I would love to see what an elete long drive competitor (Zubeck, Sadlowski, et all..) could do with it. I've hit it side by side with Alpha, Krank, Geek, All Out, Adams, Tiger Shark, and SMT and I always end up with the Super Pro because the ball goes farther for me. I guess the caviate is that the ball goes farther FOR ME. A slower swing speed than the young bucks. Maybe I don't swing hard enough to compress the face of a Max COR driver so the deflexion of a non flexing face works better for me???? I don't know. I don't think I'll ever stop looking for more distance, but for now the Super Pro performs the best for me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 4:20 pm 

K- heres the facts
it has been so dry all over this year and the fairways are so hard I have set 'records' for myself fact is that driver wouldnt last 5 balls in anyones whos swings as fast as jamie or jason-cmon now
dont you think they all would be using it?
i have seen a few people with them-given them any driver I ever owned in my bag even beat up garbage and they hit it farther than that thing
glad it works for you tho thats at least 1 person

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 28th, 2012, 6:55 am 

I812 wrote:
K- heres the facts
it has been so dry all over this year and the fairways are so hard I have set 'records' for myself fact is that driver wouldnt last 5 balls in anyones whos swings as fast as jamie or jason-cmon now
dont you think they all would be using it?
i have seen a few people with them-given them any driver I ever owned in my bag even beat up garbage and they hit it farther than that thing
glad it works for you tho thats at least 1 person

Ok, the fairways are dry and we are getting a lot of roll. But, when I hit a max core driver side by side with the Xfactor at the range, the Xfactor still performs better. Same conditions for both.
As for not not holding up for 5 balls.... I think you are wrong. But we will never know because no elete long driver will ever try one because of pre-conceived opinions.
I just don't understand how people can be so critical if they haven't tried it. Not just hit a few balls, but gave it a fair chance.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 28th, 2012, 7:48 am 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

Figuring a 30 minute infomercial would cost $250k to produce and let's say $25k per week to run, that's a lot of clubs someone would need to sell at very good margin.

Using my numbers from above, I'm figuring that you would need to do $3.1m just to break even in a year. Give the company that owns the Jack Hamm product credit, they obviously move a lot of goods every year.

I'm not sure how accurate this is but I'm told that Hamm has no ownership in the company, he is just a hired spokesman.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 28th, 2012, 8:56 am 

DrGreen wrote:
Figuring a 30 minute infomercial would cost $250k to produce and let's say $25k per week to run, that's a lot of clubs someone would need to sell at very good margin.

Using my numbers from above, I'm figuring that you would need to do $3.1m just to break even in a year. Give the company that owns the Jack Hamm product credit, they obviously move a lot of goods every year.

I'm not sure how accurate this is but I'm told that Hamm has no ownership in the company, he is just a hired spokesman.

Very interesting. What's the name of the parent company? When did he sell Long Ball?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 28th, 2012, 4:25 pm 

Can't stand that hyper style advertising. Hamm is the only one that's worse than Jesse ("I'm wonderful") Ortiz. I have no idea how Hamm's products are because the commercials were so irritating. :puke:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 28th, 2012, 7:19 pm 

My mom, dad and a friend are all sold on Jesse Ortiz's stuff. Me, not so much, but that's not because I have tried it, more because I don't care for the looks, which is the same for Jack Hamm's stuff.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 30th, 2012, 1:30 pm 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

C&R..I investigated the cost of doing an infomercial and it is NO WHERE near $250K for production...not even close.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 30th, 2012, 5:48 pm 

These posts are great ad's for Jack Hamm. I never know about the Superpro driver etc... Now I'm looking them up.

No, I wouldn't buy one but I bet he's getting more hits on the websites now and bringing in $$.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2015, 9:00 am 

Hi all! Haven't posted in awhile. Had a little rough patch last summer with some health issues. And wanted to update this thread.
When I got back to playing golf again this summer I found that at age 63 after a year away from the game I couldn't handle my X stiff 48" Super Pro anymore. So I started searching for something lighter and easier to swing. I tried a bunch of different heads and shafts without great success. Then I spied a dusty head cover in the rafters and pulled it down. It was a barely used Hammer X that Jack Hamm sent me to try a long time ago when I was hitting his Super Pro in competition. This is the model with a conventional round shaft marked "Smart Shaft" not the flat Areo shaft and 45" long. I put in my bag mid summer and it's been my gamer ever since. It's very light, easy to swing, and amazingly straight. Plus, even on wet fairways the roll out is impressive.

So, laugh at the infomercials from Xfactor if you want, but this is another driver that really works as advertised. At least for me!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2015, 9:02 am 

Pow??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2015, 10:04 am 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

golfzlf wrote:
Pow??

X2

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2015, 11:27 am 

X3... We have one at our shop...I yell POW whenever I hit it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 26th, 2015, 9:33 pm 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

what 'competitions'? they were never legal at any ld events or comps?

Acropolis Golf
ANMKARA.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 12th, 2015, 7:29 pm 

pgw wrote:
what 'competitions'? they were never legal at any ld events or comps?

Can u imagine having the balls go show up at an event with one of those?? :lol:

Profile E-mail