It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ball chart that lists compression of brand name golf balls??
PostPosted: October 9th, 2011, 11:22 am 

Does anyone know if there is a chart somewhere out there that lists what the actual compression is of the major balls on the market today? I have googled this and have not found anything worth looking at, it is as if the manufacturers don't want people to know what the compression is on their golf balls. A lot of them will say this is a low compression ball for slow swing speeds but that is just marketing BS. Why not just list what the compression is for any and all balls.

It used to be most all balls were 90 or 100 compression with the ladies ball being at 80 compression. I know there are plenty of balls under 75 compression out there just would like to see a list and be able to try a sleeve of some of them for winter play. My Titleist Prov1 is not the best ball for temps under 50* and I play all winter in temps like that and I lose 10 yards or more during this time. Since I am not getting younger a lower compression ball would certainly help me a lot. In fact if our greens were receptive in the summer I might even play a low compression ball then, but they are hard and fast then.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Ball chart that lists compression of brand name golf balls??
PostPosted: October 9th, 2011, 5:57 pm 

I doubt such a thing exists. Multi-layer balls made compression ratings obsolete almost overnight.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Ball chart that lists compression of brand name golf balls??
PostPosted: October 9th, 2011, 7:30 pm 

SKrinsky wrote:
I doubt such a thing exists. Multi-layer balls made compression ratings obsolete almost overnight.

I did find one on http://www.GolfBallTest.org but it only had 2007 thru 2010 and I find it hard to understand. Plus we have had multi layer balls for some time and they used to list them as either 90 or 100 compression. Of are you saying 4 layers or more?

Profile E-mail