It is currently November 28th, 2014, 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Orbitor shafts - who makes 'um
PostPosted: August 24th, 2011, 11:52 am 

I finally gave in to temptation and bought an Orbitor 50 Tour X Pro stiff flex shaft from an ebay seller. Even with what I considered excessive shipping, the price was OK for a 50" stiff flex long drive shaft (I don't know the CPM's). Part of their auction description reads:
"This shaft is the same model as AccuFLEX EXTREME LD retail price at $99.95".
I put my "old favorite" driver head on it and trimmed it to 50" vertical. It really performs well. So well, that it's giving my current gamer a run for it's money. For $25 (including shipping) I'm impressed.
Does anybody know who makes these? I've never seen them anywhere accept ebay.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Orbitor shafts - who makes 'um
PostPosted: August 24th, 2011, 5:39 pm 

Monark Golf used to sell them a few years ago. Could email Hubert and ask him about them.
Also, a local store here used to carry them around that same time period; I will drop in and ask about them.

I know they were around as far back as 2004.

Dillon

edit: I did find this also:
http://mmgolf.com/store/category/amjv/Orbitor.html

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Orbitor shafts - who makes 'um
PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 1:58 pm 

carry&roll wrote:
"This shaft is the same model as AccuFLEX EXTREME LD retail price at $99.95".

That would not be the original version of the Extreme as the place in China that made the original Accuflex shafts got out of the golf shaft business (as documented by a former Accuflex employee on another golf forum.) The second facility that made the Accuflex shafts towards the end didn't have the same quality even though the shafts themselves retained their original Accuflex names (i.e. Extreme, Assassin, Icon, etc). Not saying the shafts were bad, just not the same. The only Accuflex original made at this place was the Creation.

However, the second foundry has pretty much been selling the Accuflex shafts under whatever name you want to put on them, including the fake Accuflexes that are still all over EBay. If you have a couple grand laying around, you could actually buy about 100 of the same shaft with any name and graphic that you want as these shafts are now pretty much treated like foundry designs. This could be exactly what this seller is doing.

Profile E-mail