It is currently July 20th, 2018, 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hybrid shaft review
PostPosted: April 26th, 2011, 7:59 am 

Okay, this year i can go to the range and hit balls so I recently pulled out some hybrids with different shafts to see what I liked best in terms of shafts. Last year my swing was so bad after surgeries to do a good comparison.
weight torque Launch my rating
TEE trilogy with stock GD Tour AD 66 3.2 mid/low 3
alpha response with fuji banzai 85 3.2 mid 5
adams a2ts with irod 73 4.2 mid 6
cleveland halo w/ graman limey ul580 4
alpha with ul540 chrome 77 2.8 mid 2
alpha response with HOF 87 3.2 mid/low 1

GD tour ad - a lot of feel and lauches the ball in the mid range rather than low. Very stable and smooth. Not bad for a stock shaft. produces a tight shot pattern.

Fuji Banzai - this one was hard to pure when I first bought it as it was all over the place. It launches the ball in the mid to high range. Distance and kick wise it is just okay. This shaft is one I couldn't lean on hard w/o dispersion issues. I need to sell this combo as it won't get bagged.

Irod - Felt overly boardy to me. I never got comfortable with this one. Another combo that needs to be excessed.

Limey - good shaft. As long as I swung smoothly it produced mid lauch shots easily.

ul540 chrome - better than limey for me. Feels solid and works effectively off the tee or grass. Nice feedback, excellent kick and mid launch angle. Very tight dispersion as well. One of my all-time favorite hybrid shafts.

HOF- I have this in an Alpha V2 and response. Bought one from PGW and won one in a contest from Richard but was never able to review it before. The HOF is very stable, kicks like a mule, tight shot dispersion, and it produes the longest shots with a mid launch angle. It can handle a smooth or aggressive swing equally well. This is my most favorite hybrid shaft of all time and one I am most likely to purchase next time. Need to excess the V2 as I like the reponse better.

Profile E-mail