It is currently July 23rd, 2018, 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Anyone getting a set of the KBS C-Tapers?
PostPosted: April 13th, 2011, 9:35 am 

I'm hoping to snag a set of the C-Taper and I was curious to see if anyone else was getting a set?

Satin PX are still my favorite shafts of all time so I'm excited by these....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a set of the KBS C-Tapers?
PostPosted: April 13th, 2011, 1:17 pm 

hotbaws wrote:
I'm hoping to snag a set of the C-Taper and I was curious to see if anyone else was getting a set?

Satin PX are still my favorite shafts of all time so I'm excited by these....

I sure hope to. I have a set of heads that would be great with them I have a feeling. They have piqued my interest. Just got a set with KBS Tours and some wedges with the Hi-Revs, so these are next on the list. :geek:

PostPosted: April 14th, 2011, 9:10 am 

My order has been confirmed and paid for :yahoo:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 14th, 2011, 10:28 am 

Just gripped these irons and wedges last night and cannot WAIT to play them now! :yahoo:
Just gotta put the shaft bands on tonight! :geek:

PostPosted: April 14th, 2011, 2:46 pm 

mr_divots wrote:
Just gripped these irons and wedges last night and cannot WAIT to play them now! :yahoo:
Just gotta put the shaft bands on tonight! :geek:

:TTIWWP

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 14th, 2011, 4:37 pm 

I just saw an email that KBS is doing a Facebook promo for 30 sets of these in 30 days to be given away. I don't Facebook, but for those who do...

PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 3:49 pm 

Already on the begging facebook list

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 5:08 pm 

Man, hope the C-tapers don't have the same balance point as the KBS. I had NO confidence with the irons on Sunday. None. The balance point was just waaay too different. Funny, as I have some i15's with them, and I played those well last year. They felt totally different in the j33CB B'stone heads I paired them with. Still, I managed a 77. Some good shots were had, but the par 3's told the tale of the tape for the day at +6 when teeing off with the irons. Yuck. :? Maybe more playing time with them will settle me down? :o The dreaded s-h-a-... reared its ugly head. I almost took someone's head off. :o

PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 3:43 am 

mr_divots wrote:
:o The dreaded s-h-a-... reared its ugly head. I almost took someone's head off. :o

It must be some kind of infection as I had a couple of sherman tanks at the weekend too, mind you I was still pissed from all the Guinness

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 10:48 am 

hotbaws wrote:
mr_divots wrote:
:o The dreaded s-h-a-... reared its ugly head. I almost took someone's head off. :o

It must be some kind of infection as I had a couple of sherman tanks at the weekend too, mind you I was still pissed from all the Guinness

The balance point is just so different than the DG's I've been playing. I can certainly see how they can help drop the hands in the slot if you need it. Not sure I need it. :lol: :o My tempo was all outta whack. :headbang:

PostPosted: May 10th, 2011, 10:58 am 

So how are you getting on with these now after a few games under your belt ???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 10th, 2011, 12:36 pm 

hotbaws wrote:

Just to clarify: these are the KBS Tours in the irons that I am playing right now.

Pretty well. Little higher flight, but that is not bad as my flight is generally pretty strong. Dropped a few nice high soft approaches next to the pin with them. The lighter feel due to the balance point is still messing with me a little bit. Hi-Revs in the wedges can suck it back pretty good. Not really a fan of the wedge heads I paired them with, so another set of heads might need to be paired up with them. I think Dynamic Golds and PX are probably more suited to me. These C-tapers sound interesting. If they have a more similar balance point to DG's, I would be interested in checking those out. Hi-Revs I could see being able to pair those with a different iron shaft and not have them feel out of place. Definitely go with the same flex in those as the iron shafts. I play S400 in wedges and X100 in irons and wouldn't want the Hi-Revs any softer than they are. X flex in the irons and wedges was the right move with these.

PostPosted: May 11th, 2011, 4:44 am 

mr_divots wrote:
hotbaws wrote:

Just to clarify: these are the KBS Tours in the irons that I am playing right now.

Pretty well. Little higher flight, but that is not bad as my flight is generally pretty strong. Dropped a few nice high soft approaches next to the pin with them. The lighter feel due to the balance point is still messing with me a little bit. Hi-Revs in the wedges can suck it back pretty good. Not really a fan of the wedge heads I paired them with, so another set of heads might need to be paired up with them. I think Dynamic Golds and PX are probably more suited to me. These C-tapers sound interesting. If they have a more similar balance point to DG's, I would be interested in checking those out. Hi-Revs I could see being able to pair those with a different iron shaft and not have them feel out of place. Definitely go with the same flex in those as the iron shafts. I play S400 in wedges and X100 in irons and wouldn't want the Hi-Revs any softer than they are. X flex in the irons and wedges was the right move with these.

I thought you'd bagged a set of the C-Tapers.....sorry my bad.

My C-Tapers should arrive next week so I'm going to pull my satin PX from my Callaway X-Proto's and stick them in those heads and compare them directly again the KBS Tours I've got in my MacGregor Combos

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 4th, 2011, 12:20 pm 

So? C-Tapers, are they the way forward. Do you likie and what heads have you got them in G

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 6th, 2011, 8:09 am 

Yes I likey really likely.

Got them in my Callaway Proto heads, SW's are a bit heavy with them being 0.5"+ but they are great in the wind.

I might be up your way next month so was going to see if your about to hook up for a game and you can try them then

Profile E-mail