It is currently July 23rd, 2018, 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Anyone getting a set of the KBS C-Tapers?
PostPosted: April 13th, 2011, 9:35 am 
Offline

Joined: November 3rd, 2009, 11:59 am
Posts: 253
Location: Bonnie Scotland
I'm hoping to snag a set of the C-Taper and I was curious to see if anyone else was getting a set?

Satin PX are still my favorite shafts of all time so I'm excited by these....


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a set of the KBS C-Tapers?
PostPosted: April 13th, 2011, 1:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: October 27th, 2009, 12:58 pm
Posts: 3664
hotbaws wrote:
I'm hoping to snag a set of the C-Taper and I was curious to see if anyone else was getting a set?

Satin PX are still my favorite shafts of all time so I'm excited by these....

I sure hope to. I have a set of heads that would be great with them I have a feeling. They have piqued my interest. Just got a set with KBS Tours and some wedges with the Hi-Revs, so these are next on the list. :geek:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a set of the KBS C-Tapers?
PostPosted: April 14th, 2011, 9:10 am 
Offline

Joined: November 3rd, 2009, 11:59 am
Posts: 253
Location: Bonnie Scotland
My order has been confirmed and paid for :yahoo:


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a set of the KBS C-Tapers?
PostPosted: April 14th, 2011, 10:28 am 
Offline

Joined: October 27th, 2009, 12:58 pm
Posts: 3664
Just gripped these irons and wedges last night and cannot WAIT to play them now! :yahoo:
Just gotta put the shaft bands on tonight! :geek:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a set of the KBS C-Tapers?
PostPosted: April 14th, 2011, 2:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: November 3rd, 2009, 11:59 am
Posts: 253
Location: Bonnie Scotland
mr_divots wrote:
Just gripped these irons and wedges last night and cannot WAIT to play them now! :yahoo:
Just gotta put the shaft bands on tonight! :geek:

:TTIWWP


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a set of the KBS C-Tapers?
PostPosted: April 14th, 2011, 4:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: October 27th, 2009, 12:58 pm
Posts: 3664
I just saw an email that KBS is doing a Facebook promo for 30 sets of these in 30 days to be given away. I don't Facebook, but for those who do...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a set of the KBS C-Tapers?
PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 3:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: November 3rd, 2009, 11:59 am
Posts: 253
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Already on the begging facebook list


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a set of the KBS C-Tapers?
PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: October 27th, 2009, 12:58 pm
Posts: 3664
Man, hope the C-tapers don't have the same balance point as the KBS. I had NO confidence with the irons on Sunday. None. The balance point was just waaay too different. Funny, as I have some i15's with them, and I played those well last year. They felt totally different in the j33CB B'stone heads I paired them with. Still, I managed a 77. Some good shots were had, but the par 3's told the tale of the tape for the day at +6 when teeing off with the irons. Yuck. :? Maybe more playing time with them will settle me down? :o The dreaded s-h-a-... reared its ugly head. I almost took someone's head off. :o


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a set of the KBS C-Tapers?
PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 3:43 am 
Offline

Joined: November 3rd, 2009, 11:59 am
Posts: 253
Location: Bonnie Scotland
mr_divots wrote:
:o The dreaded s-h-a-... reared its ugly head. I almost took someone's head off. :o


It must be some kind of infection as I had a couple of sherman tanks at the weekend too, mind you I was still pissed from all the Guinness


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a set of the KBS C-Tapers?
PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 10:48 am 
Offline

Joined: October 27th, 2009, 12:58 pm
Posts: 3664
hotbaws wrote:
mr_divots wrote:
:o The dreaded s-h-a-... reared its ugly head. I almost took someone's head off. :o


It must be some kind of infection as I had a couple of sherman tanks at the weekend too, mind you I was still pissed from all the Guinness

The balance point is just so different than the DG's I've been playing. I can certainly see how they can help drop the hands in the slot if you need it. Not sure I need it. :lol: :o My tempo was all outta whack. :headbang:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a set of the KBS C-Tapers?
PostPosted: May 10th, 2011, 10:58 am 
Offline

Joined: November 3rd, 2009, 11:59 am
Posts: 253
Location: Bonnie Scotland
So how are you getting on with these now after a few games under your belt ???


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a set of the KBS C-Tapers?
PostPosted: May 10th, 2011, 12:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: October 27th, 2009, 12:58 pm
Posts: 3664
hotbaws wrote:
So how are you getting on with these now after a few games under your belt ???

Just to clarify: these are the KBS Tours in the irons that I am playing right now.

Pretty well. Little higher flight, but that is not bad as my flight is generally pretty strong. Dropped a few nice high soft approaches next to the pin with them. The lighter feel due to the balance point is still messing with me a little bit. Hi-Revs in the wedges can suck it back pretty good. Not really a fan of the wedge heads I paired them with, so another set of heads might need to be paired up with them. I think Dynamic Golds and PX are probably more suited to me. These C-tapers sound interesting. If they have a more similar balance point to DG's, I would be interested in checking those out. Hi-Revs I could see being able to pair those with a different iron shaft and not have them feel out of place. Definitely go with the same flex in those as the iron shafts. I play S400 in wedges and X100 in irons and wouldn't want the Hi-Revs any softer than they are. X flex in the irons and wedges was the right move with these.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a set of the KBS C-Tapers?
PostPosted: May 11th, 2011, 4:44 am 
Offline

Joined: November 3rd, 2009, 11:59 am
Posts: 253
Location: Bonnie Scotland
mr_divots wrote:
hotbaws wrote:
So how are you getting on with these now after a few games under your belt ???

Just to clarify: these are the KBS Tours in the irons that I am playing right now.

Pretty well. Little higher flight, but that is not bad as my flight is generally pretty strong. Dropped a few nice high soft approaches next to the pin with them. The lighter feel due to the balance point is still messing with me a little bit. Hi-Revs in the wedges can suck it back pretty good. Not really a fan of the wedge heads I paired them with, so another set of heads might need to be paired up with them. I think Dynamic Golds and PX are probably more suited to me. These C-tapers sound interesting. If they have a more similar balance point to DG's, I would be interested in checking those out. Hi-Revs I could see being able to pair those with a different iron shaft and not have them feel out of place. Definitely go with the same flex in those as the iron shafts. I play S400 in wedges and X100 in irons and wouldn't want the Hi-Revs any softer than they are. X flex in the irons and wedges was the right move with these.


I thought you'd bagged a set of the C-Tapers.....sorry my bad.

My C-Tapers should arrive next week so I'm going to pull my satin PX from my Callaway X-Proto's and stick them in those heads and compare them directly again the KBS Tours I've got in my MacGregor Combos


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a set of the KBS C-Tapers?
PostPosted: June 4th, 2011, 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: October 13th, 2009, 12:41 pm
Posts: 1451
So? C-Tapers, are they the way forward. Do you likie and what heads have you got them in G


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone getting a set of the KBS C-Tapers?
PostPosted: June 6th, 2011, 8:09 am 
Offline

Joined: November 3rd, 2009, 11:59 am
Posts: 253
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Yes I likey really likely.

Got them in my Callaway Proto heads, SW's are a bit heavy with them being 0.5"+ but they are great in the wind.

I might be up your way next month so was going to see if your about to hook up for a game and you can try them then


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO