It is currently July 23rd, 2018, 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Aldila RIP
PostPosted: August 25th, 2010, 5:35 pm 

What to say, the logo is so cool, i'm loving it.
I have a 70X and just can't say enough good things about it. It feels solid, has great feel and delivers the flight i am looking for without feeling the bend point is too high. Not been on a LM but visualy the flight is lower than a F7M2 ltd i've been gaming and there seems to be a few yards more roll.
It copes well when i give it my all even when i'm trying to be smooth and twitch into it. On the other side a buddy who plays a S shaft and is thinking about going down to an R flex, he hit it and couldn't believe it was an X it felt so good.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Aldila RIP
PostPosted: August 25th, 2010, 8:17 pm 

ASK3L wrote:
I have a 70X and just can't say enough good things about it. It feels solid, has great feel and delivers the flight i am looking for without feeling the bend point is too high. Not been on a LM but visualy the flight is lower than a F7M2 ltd i've been gaming and there seems to be a few yards more roll.
It copes well when i give it my all even when i'm trying to be smooth and twitch into it. On the other side a buddy who plays a S shaft and is thinking about going down to an R flex, he hit it and couldn't believe it was an X it felt so good.

Hmmm... that's not sounding so hot for me. Does it play true to flex? I HATED the VooDoo and was thinking of trying the RIP in an x.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2010, 4:32 pm 
GolfBizTalk Admin

mr_divots wrote:
Hmmm... that's not sounding so hot for me. Does it play true to flex? I HATED the VooDoo and was thinking of trying the RIP in an x.

What did you hate about the Voodoo?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 29th, 2010, 6:02 pm 

mr_divots wrote:
ASK3L wrote:

Sorry never noticed your reply. I love the NV, hated the Voodoo and the RIP is true to flex. I was saying the funny thing is that it feels similar in flex to the F7M2 i am playing at XX, yet my buddy found it smooth enough to hit even though the XX would have broken his hands!
I've since tried a HD6 in an X tipped 1/2" and it is softer than the RIP to me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 29th, 2010, 9:51 pm 

RickB wrote:
mr_divots wrote:

What did you hate about the Voodoo?

It had a boardy feel about it, and just seemed to kick at the wrong time for me. If I really kept my tempo in check it was OK. But mostly the feel put me off.