It is currently September 20th, 2018, 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Enzo Tour Zone 6
PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 10:08 am 

This is more of a placeholder for now. I won this shaft in the last giveaway and received it from Rick (CPanther1995) at Golf Club Guys but have not had a chance to do anything with it other than remove it from the shipping tube. :headbang:

I have not had time to shaft it up yet as I am working on the motorcycle and getting ready for a 4-day motorcycle ride. I am hoping to get the bike back together soon and then get this shaft in my FS3 head.

I am leery about getting this shaft installed though as my Graffaloy Comp-NT 85g shaft is working so well for me right now. So, this is not going to be an easy task for the Enzo...

I will report back with pictures and results in the next few weeks and will update my W.I.T.B. post as well.

Last edited by SVonhof on September 7th, 2010, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Enzo Zone 6
PostPosted: August 30th, 2010, 9:41 pm 

I got the shaft installed in my FS3 this evening. Tomorrow, I will trim it and install the grip and hit it Wednesday afternoon. If I end up playing in our twilight league match, I will have the back-up driver in the bag since I don't want to play a big match with a different shaft without trying it. I will have it in the bag on Friday when I get out to the course with my manager and his dad (also a co-worker) who has a DCT at 6 degrees and a FS3 at 9.5 degrees.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: August 31st, 2010, 7:57 pm 

I got the shaft cut-down to length and installed a simple Golf Pride Tour Velvet on it:

I will see if I can hit it tomorrow, but don't want to mess up my mojo for the finals of our Twilight League. If I don't hit it tomorrow, I WILL hit it Friday.

BTW, I had what I thought was some epoxy on the head, where the crown and hosel meet. Turns out it wasn't epoxy or might have been, but I rubbed right through the paint and lacquer. :mad: :cry: :angry: :headbang: You can see it in the second pic. Looks like I might have a job for Chuck at some point this winter...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: September 7th, 2010, 3:13 pm 

O.K., so, I took this driver out Friday afternoon. I warmed up at the range before attempting to his this combo and when I did actually hit it, the first 4 were sliced pretty bad, but I started to get it dialed in better (maybe I just wasn't ready to hit the driver yet) and they were going long and straight.
On the course, I hit a great first tee shot that was nice and long (probably the longest I have had on that hole). The next opportunity I had to hit it, was a slightly downwind hole and I measured it at 303 yards (it had a nice draw and the slight wind helped). The next time I was able to hit it was a hole that has my number. This time, I wasn't going to slice it to in-between this hole and the next, I just knew I wasn't going to. But I did. But, 327 yards measured even if it was in the wrong fairway and 20 yards below the fairway I was supposed to be on.... :lol:

I hit it several more times and it is a solid performer. I did have a few that went right, but the majority of them were nice and straight. The ball flight is only slightly lower than the Graffaloy Comp NT 85g shaft I pulled out of the head.

I will have to check the overall weight as well as the swingweight as I forgot to do that.

But so far, so good. I will continue to hit it and see how it goes, but it seems like a good combo so far. I think I was getting more roll with it than my Graffaloy shaft.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Enzo Tour Zone 6
PostPosted: October 2nd, 2010, 1:49 pm 

O.K., so two weeks ago at our two-day club championship, I took this driver out of play for Sunday, since I was hitting a lot of balls to the left on Saturday. Today, I did the same thing except for the few I got under and popped high and right. I think it's the shaft that is not allowing me to feel the club as much as I was used to with the old, heavier shaft.

I am going to pull this shaft and either put the old Graffaloy back in or swap it out with the Oban Devotion that I have as it's also a heavy shaft. I hate to do it, since the shaft is a good one, but I don't think I can make it work and I had too many shots today that I just wasn't able to feel the heft of the shaft/head combination that I was flipping the club over at impact.

Once I pull it (I have a few projects that might get in the way of this), I will be offering it up to others on here, since I didn't pay for it in the first place.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: October 4th, 2010, 7:05 pm 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

If only the Tour Zone 7 had been available. It will be before too long. That one was just too light for you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: October 4th, 2010, 8:15 pm 

Yup Rick, that's exactly what it was (in my mind anyway).

Profile E-mail