It is currently July 23rd, 2018, 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HOF ultra from PGW
PostPosted: May 4th, 2010, 9:48 pm 

Bought HOF ultra in X flex from Neil and installed it (logo in TV position per Robert at HOF) in an Alpha V2 8.5 I got from Dave. I did not trim at all just put a cheap grip on it.

Had no expectations when I took it to the range, all I knew was that it was long. Pic shows a 48 inch ruler.

I thought there was no way I could hit a shaft that long. After I flattened out my backswing I found I could hit it straight and started to have fun. The shaft is truely point and shoot. Very stable and easy to load. With a smooth swing I found I could hit it straight without problems.

Next test is to take it to the course so I can get an idea on distance with real balls. But for a first test is all I can say is WOW and double WOW. I can see myself going to the range just to hit the driver but don't look for me to challenge Bobby Wilson.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: HOF ultra from PGW
PostPosted: May 4th, 2010, 11:35 pm 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

slymer58 wrote:

Bought HOF ultra in X flex from Neil and installed it (logo in TV position per Robert at HOF) in an Alpha V2 8.5 I got from Dave. I did not trim at all just put a cheap grip on it.

Had no expectations when I took it to the range, all I knew was that it was long. Pic shows a 48 inch ruler.

I thought there was no way I could hit a shaft that long. After I flattened out my backswing I found I could hit it straight and started to have fun. The shaft is truely point and shoot. Very stable and easy to load. With a smooth swing I found I could hit it straight without problems.

Next test is to take it to the course so I can get an idea on distance with real balls. But for a first test is all I can say is WOW and double WOW. I can see myself going to the range just to hit the driver but don't look for me to challenge Bobby Wilson.

You probably already know this, but if you put the club up against the wall totally vertical it should be 2" longer than your 48" ruler; this will be 50" LDA legal; Also it will come out to 48" usga legal; the two governing bodies measure differently but they come out the same length.

RICHARD <><<

ALDILA, INTEGRA,
Discount to GolfBizTalk members

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 5th, 2010, 8:42 am 

You probably already know this, but if you put the club up against the wall totally vertical it should be 2" longer than your 48" ruler; this will be 50" LDA legal; Also it will come out to 48" usga legal; the two governing bodies measure differently but they come out the same length.

RICHARD <><<
[/quote]

You're right, but before I cut it down I wanted to hit it just for shits and giggles.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: May 5th, 2010, 11:56 am 

What are the characteristics of this shaft, i.e., launch angle, etc. What kind of SS do you have to have?

Profile E-mail