It is currently July 23rd, 2018, 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Itomic Grips
PostPosted: April 20th, 2010, 6:16 am 

To put the following review in perspective, I have only used three other grips, the medalist velvets, the lamkin dual density crosslines, and the Golf Pride DD2s.

I have gripped my wedges with the Itomics grips, both the white grips (56*, 60*) and black grips (52*) and have played them for one full round and several practice sessions. I am not liking them. Not from a performance stand point (no slippage or anything) as they seem to do what the claim, but for me, they felt similar to the lamkin dual density crosslines on my old irons, which I was not a fan of. (To clarify I liked them better than the crosslines)

I prefer the softer feel of the Golf Pride DD2s. If you like a firmer tacky grip, I would say give these a try, they seem to be good for the price. A couple of tips. These things (white and black) do get very dirty. You might not visually notice it, but when they start to feel less tacky, that is when they need to be cleaned.

For cleaning, I used some rubbing/isopropyl alchohol. A couple of wipe downs and the tack was restored. The white grips seemed to clean pretty well. The one issue I experience was the white cap on the black grips. Some how I got black splotch of something (rubbing from the bottom of my bag?) on the cap and the rubbing alcohol has not been succesfully and removing. I am going to try something else when I get a chance. performance related, strictly feel. I way go one more round with them, but I think ultimately, I am going to switch them out for the DD2s.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Itomic Grips
PostPosted: April 20th, 2010, 10:43 pm 
GolfBizTalk Admin

Just about everyone that tries the Itomics mentions the same thing, that they're firmer than expected. I guess everyone sees white and thinks "fluffy". Still, I happen to like firm, so I'm going to try these. Itomic also has a new grip just out, a wrap style. Supposedly the same super-tacky compound, but a softer feel.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 21st, 2010, 2:07 pm 

My buddy has the white ones on his clubs right now. Pretty dirty looking already only about 8 rounds into the season.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2010, 2:52 pm 

mr_divots wrote:
My buddy has the white ones on his clubs right now. Pretty dirty looking already only about 8 rounds into the season.

Has he tried to clean them? i noticed they lose some tacky as they get dirty.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 21st, 2010, 3:45 pm 

yaffldaffl wrote:
mr_divots wrote:

Has he tried to clean them? i noticed they lose some tacky as they get dirty.

I dunno, I didn't ask him. They still felt pretty tacky when I picked one up. Didn't appeal to me really. They are firm, which is fine, but the material is a little more polymer feeling to it. Half the price of the multicompounds, but I only like them half as much.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2010, 4:39 pm 

I have to put an order in to Golfworks (i keep putting it off), I think I am going to order GP Tour Wrap 2G grips....which I now see on on back order....oh well

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 14th, 2012, 9:39 am 

I read this thread agast that Iomic grips were being criticized, only to find upon researching matters that some bounder had deliberately named his own grips 'Itomic,' clearly to undercut on price, confuse, and potentially re-direct Iomic's customers his way. I make this point as possibly other readers will believe that this thread relates to Iomic. Poor spelling abounds, but not on this occasion. Having said that I found that the traction on the Iomic 'Opus' was uninspiring, the 'X' series only acceptable, but the 'Sticky' series truly outstanding. Indeed, as a golf product tester, the best grip which I have ever tested.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 14th, 2012, 9:57 am 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

yaffldaffl wrote:
I have to put an order in to Golfworks (i keep putting it off), I think I am going to order GP Tour Wrap 2G grips....which I now see on on back order....oh well

Dicks Sporting Goods should have those, white and black. I really like the Tour Wrap 2G's. Itomic grips, not so much.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 14th, 2012, 6:40 pm 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

I have a "10 MIC" on my three wood. It's a nice grip but I still prefer an inexpensive Lamkin Black.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 16th, 2012, 12:40 am 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

yaffldaffl wrote:

I'm using the GP TOUR WRAP great grip LOVE EM !!! TRY MONARKGOLF.COM

ALDILA, INTEGRA,
Discount to GolfBizTalk members

Profile E-mail