It is currently September 20th, 2018, 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Enzo Zone 60 review
PostPosted: October 26th, 2009, 10:01 pm 

A quick take on the Enzo Zone 60
Bullet points

- In between flexes I opted for the softer of the two and am glad I did. The shaft might play slightly firm to flex, but not to the degree that other nano shafts do. It's just that it's tight and controllable enough that even at a softer flex it's a fairway finder.
- About a 2CPM spine that aligned perfectly with the logo down. I'm wondering if they're pre-spined or if mine just worked out that way.
- Stiffish-tip and a high kickpoint. Launches medium low, but without that really dead, boardy feel found in many tip-stiff shafts.
- VERY low spin. I needed to go a degree up on the head to keep the ball in the air longer.
- Solid kick
- Wants to go straight. Hard to hit it badly offline no matter what stupid things you do to it
- Probably more of a hitters shaft than a swingers shaft.
- VERY bright red. That's fine with me as I have a day-glo Limey in my hybrid, but it might be enough to turn some people off if they're color sensitive.
- Named the Zone 60, but mine was 69 grams and it seemed to have the tighter, beefier aspects found in 70+ gram shafts rather than what you would see in a 60 gram shaft.

It's going to appeal more to stronger players looking for control, looking for fairways, looking for low spin. It's not going to appeal to those who like softer tips, higher launch or slower swingers who need extra spin to maximize carry. I'm not knocking it off the planet and will not make wild claims about distance gained because it's going about the same distance as my old driver. I'm hitting more fairways though and having better results in the wind, so for now it's in the bag. If you've looking for the ultimate in low spin drives that run out pair it with a DCT. On the launch monitor the DCT/Enzo is the lowest spinning combo I've hit.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Enzo Zone 60 review
PostPosted: October 27th, 2009, 9:14 am 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

I have one of these in my three wood (Alpha V5LX) and I like it but ............I do have some mixed emotions about it.

Pros:
- Love the color
- No discernible spine when I spined it
- Frequency was the shaft on all sides
- Flo-ed very well
- Mid-low launch which is what I wanted

Cons:
- Butt was spec-ed to be .610
- Actual was .631 and after trimming was still .625

Comments:
- I found the tip to be a little soft. I tipped it 1/2" and I probably should have done an inch.

Profile E-mail