It is currently August 23rd, 2017, 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: NIKE Crush
PostPosted: November 6th, 2009, 10:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: October 24th, 2009, 11:16 pm
Posts: 1683
I have used various Nike balls. My favorites are the Vapor and Black. Picked up some of the Crush variety and used them today. They are very long. Don't spin as much as the 3 piece offering but they aren't rocks either. Did I mention they are very long? Probably 10-15 yards longer than the bridgestone ad333 balls I had been using for this fall.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: NIKE Crush
PostPosted: June 28th, 2011, 12:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: June 28th, 2011, 7:50 am
Posts: 4
NIKE is a good brand name. It is very populated in the world.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: NIKE Crush
PostPosted: June 28th, 2011, 1:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: October 16th, 2009, 9:51 am
Posts: 2565
Location: Northern Indiana
Nike is still Taylormade Titleist and Callaway's little sister. They just never got the market share they were looking for but I thinks it's safe to say they are doing fairly well. They may very well live and die Tiger Woods. He did make them a boat load of money, but I wonder how long it will last, as Tiger becomes more and more irrelevant will the brand suffer?

I actually liked their super soft ball bu the lack of green side spin was a death nail to me.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: NIKE Crush
PostPosted: June 28th, 2011, 1:57 pm 
Offline
GolfBizTalk Moderator

Joined: October 13th, 2009, 12:28 pm
Posts: 5371
Location: New England
ND Fan wrote:
Nike is still Taylormade Titleist and Callaway's little sister. They just never got the market share they were looking for but I thinks it's safe to say they are doing fairly well. They may very well live and die Tiger Woods. He did make them a boat load of money, but I wonder how long it will last, as Tiger becomes more and more irrelevant will the brand suffer?

I actually liked their super soft ball bu the lack of green side spin was a death nail to me.


That is a great question .....I'd love to know what the numbers are with Tiger on the sidelines now.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: NIKE Crush
PostPosted: June 28th, 2011, 3:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: October 27th, 2009, 12:58 pm
Posts: 3664
Love the fact the Tour D is still around and on sale. Great ball.
A few majors racked up by their other staffers the last few years and other wins. I don't think they need el Tigre as much anymore. I was surprised they continued the "Victory Red" namesake, honestly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NIKE Crush
PostPosted: June 28th, 2011, 4:27 pm 
Offline
GolfBizTalk Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: October 18th, 2009, 10:17 pm
Posts: 1995
DrGreen wrote:
ND Fan wrote:
Nike is still Taylormade Titleist and Callaway's little sister. They just never got the market share they were looking for but I thinks it's safe to say they are doing fairly well. They may very well live and die Tiger Woods. He did make them a boat load of money, but I wonder how long it will last, as Tiger becomes more and more irrelevant will the brand suffer?

I actually liked their super soft ball bu the lack of green side spin was a death nail to me.


That is a great question .....I'd love to know what the numbers are with Tiger on the sidelines now.


TIGER & lots of money yes but NIKE is so much bigger than TIGER :tigger:

_________________
Geek golf distributor
House of Forged distributor
Matrix distributor
ALDILA, INTEGRA,
Discount to GolfBizTalk members


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: NIKE Crush
PostPosted: June 28th, 2011, 11:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: October 29th, 2009, 5:35 am
Posts: 780
Location: Iowa
slymer58 wrote:
I have used various Nike balls. My favorites are the Vapor and Black. Picked up some of the Crush variety and used them today. They are very long. Don't spin as much as the 3 piece offering but they aren't rocks either. Did I mention they are very long? Probably 10-15 yards longer than the bridgestone ad333 balls I had been using for this fall.


The AD 333's are made by Srixon, not Bridgestone.

To me, the Ad333's did not stop...but slowed down decently....are the Crush similar in that respect?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: NIKE Crush
PostPosted: June 29th, 2011, 6:49 am 
Offline

Joined: October 24th, 2009, 11:16 pm
Posts: 1683
I am impressed a thread I started 18 months ago and never got a comment is drawing so many responses now.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: NIKE Crush
PostPosted: June 29th, 2011, 7:47 am 
Offline
GolfBizTalk Moderator

Joined: October 13th, 2009, 12:28 pm
Posts: 5371
Location: New England
Tiger ......who is Tiger? :mrgreen:

"(Reuters) - Nike Inc (NKE.N) raised its sales forecast for its namesake brand on Tuesday, betting that strong Chinese and Brazilian demand and a price increase in the coming year will help it outpace rising costs.

Shares leaped $8.28, or 10.1 percent, to $89.90 on Tuesday.

Chief Executive Mark Parker told investors on a conference call that the sports gear and apparel maker, which reported stronger-than-expected fiscal fourth-quarter profit late on Monday, is ahead of schedule on meeting its targets.

The company had a target of $23 billion in annual revenue for its main Nike brand by fiscal 2015, according to Charlie Denson, president of Nike brand. Denson said on Tuesday that the company is now on course to generate $24 billion to $25 billion in annual revenue by that year.

Including the company's other brands, Cole Haan, Comverse, Umbro and Hurley, annual revenue will reach a range of $28 billion to $30 billion by 2015, up from a previous target of $27 billion announced in May 2010, according to Nike Chief Financial Officer Don Blair.

Denson also said Nike brand has "strong momentum" across all its categories for 2012.

China and Brazil are two of Nike's best opportunities for growth in coming years, Denson added.

Nike's Greater China business topped $2 billion in annual revenue for the first time recently, double the level of 2007, Denson noted.

"We plan on doubling it again over the next couple of years," Denson said.

Apparel makers, including Nike, are struggling with higher material, labor and freight costs.

However, Eric Sprunk, vice president, merchandising and product, for Nike brand, said the company will raise prices "in a more meaningful way across a broad array of lines" in fiscal 2012, which started in June.

Denson suggested that strong demand and innovation will help Nike offset higher costs.

"We are operating from a position of strength," Denson said. "We will not compromise our long-standing commitment to overall profitability."

Still, Blair, the CFO, warned that Nike's gross profit margin will likely fall by at least 300 basis points during the first quarter of its fiscal 2012 year. Higher input costs and air freight costs will drive some of this erosion, he noted.

For the whole of Nike's 2012 fiscal year, the gross profit margin will be down about 100 basis points. But in years following that, the gross margin can be "a source of growth," Blair added.

Blair also reiterated Nike's goal to generate $12 billion of free cash flow by its 2015 fiscal year.

Nike should be able to increase dividends consistently and buy back more shares in coming years, the CFO added."


I started another thread with a report put out by the Temper School of Business on the value of Tigers endorsement.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: NIKE Crush
PostPosted: June 29th, 2011, 4:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: October 27th, 2009, 12:58 pm
Posts: 3664
Nike struggling with higher labor costs? Oh that's rich! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO