It is currently August 19th, 2018, 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: The New Dynacraft Prophets...
PostPosted: January 14th, 2010, 11:06 pm 

SVonhof wrote:
Anyone know for sure if these are made for a parallel tip shaft?

I have some shafts I can use to assemble some irons and I was thinking of getting some of these to try.

Also, anyone hit the Prophet Tour and compare that to the CNC forged?

Actually, my old set is the CNC.
These seem to be (IMHO) as easy to hit as the CNC's. The CNC's have TT GS75 and the Tours have Accra.
I'm my limited capacity at judging the two, the Tours are more pleasing to the eye. I think that they are as long as the CNC, but I haven't had enough time with them. The dispersion was better (could be a reslut of the better shaft). Most importantly, they didn't feel anythin like a blade. They felt forgiving to me, about the same as the CNC's.
Will be able to tell you more in the spring when I will really be able to test them out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 15th, 2010, 3:27 am 

SVonhof wrote:
Thanks, I was looking and didn't see it. I guess I didn't look close enough....

No worries. The force was strong in me last night!! :beer:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 27th, 2010, 10:26 am 

bagging my prophets today i was one of the first to get them and play them last fall. i also have 675b blades which i'm taking out of the bag til i get the lies adjusted (prophets are adjusted). to answer the common question these clubs do show wear after a few rounds however they still look pretty good especially from a distance. but when you worship your clubs like most guys on forums do, your gonna notice it. to those asking about offset, they def have more offset thaan a typical blade like the 675's , x forged or taylor made mb's however, they have nowhere near as much offset as other game improvement clubs and the feel is great though to me almost any iron feels good when you flush it. looking forward to gaming these today, haven't hit them since mid march when i was in florida

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 27th, 2010, 9:01 pm 

SKrinsky wrote:
I'd love to see some pics of them after a couple of rounds. With dark finishes durability is the #1 question. Ahhh, who am I kidding? I'm buying a set no matter how durable they are. :mrgreen:

Not a great pic and obv the soles are gonna get beat up first, but even the backs take a bit of a beating. I suppose if someone used iron covers with these it would go a long way to help them out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2010, 10:59 pm 

GREAT NEWS! THEY ARE RELEASING THIS CLUB IN A CHROME FINISH AND IT'S FORGED!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2010, 11:08 pm 

NICE!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: November 25th, 2010, 2:39 am 

Those look slick! I think I'm glad I never got the black Prophets. I always liked the look, but the way the finish wore off bothered me. Now, I won't have to worry about that! These may find their way into my bag.

Dave

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: November 25th, 2010, 11:14 am 

Dave, that Prophet head you had, do you still have it? Did you put it up against your other matching club (was it a 6 iron, I can't remember?)?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: November 26th, 2010, 4:12 pm 

Yes I do, and no I haven't. I've been planning to get some new iron shafts in S-flex instead of the softstepped X that I have now. Once I do, I'll get an extra one so that I can match the two up against each other on even terms. However, when I did hit it, I liked the feel, just didn't like how quickly the black was wearing off.

Dave

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: November 26th, 2010, 8:11 pm 

Dave, if you want, I have my old Nike shafts that I pulled when I bought the S400's from you. It's a 2-PW set, so you would have an extra shaft you could trim down to do head-to-head comparisons of a specific iron. I was going to keep them as I was planning on getting some other iron heads to try out, but I have not done that yet!

Here is what I had originally said:
I have a set of True Temper Speed Step II shafts pulled from Nike Slingshots. They are stiff flex, and it is a set of 2-PW, so a set of 9. If you need longer than normal and only need 8, this may be perfect for you. I am almost 100% certain they are .370 diameter and are parallel tips (I can check to make sure if needed). The PW is 34 7/8, the 5I is 37 1/4 lg and the 2I is 38 3/4 (all to the end of the grip). The grips are all stock Nike Slingshot grips and in decent condition. $40 shipped CONUS

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: November 27th, 2010, 12:40 am 

I think someone had commented a long time ago (probably back on GolfDiscussions) that the Speed Step shafts are basically Dynalite Golds, and I've tried that kind before and didn't like how light they were. So I think I'll pass, but thank you for the offer. Besides, I have my eye on some that are pretty inexpensive; just haven't hit "send" yet.

Dave

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: November 27th, 2010, 12:47 am 

No problem. Figured I would offer them up. No biggie. Maybe I will get some of the new Prophets when they are out...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: November 27th, 2010, 1:05 am 

Hmmm, I think Sam's trying to tempt me into getting a new set of Scratch irons. He took me by the shop this evening and showed me their toys. I'm sure they cost too much for me, but I'll lead him along for a while! :lol:

Dave

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: November 27th, 2010, 11:15 am 

Yeah, comparing the Prophets at $30 a head compared to the Scratch heads is a tough thing to do!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: November 27th, 2010, 12:12 pm 
GolfBizTalk Admin

DaveT319 wrote:
Hmmm, I think Sam's trying to tempt me into getting a new set of Scratch irons. He took me by the shop this evening and showed me their toys. I'm sure they cost too much for me, but I'll lead him along for a while! :lol:

Dave

Ask for demo set, never give them back. Problem solved.

Profile E-mail