It is currently May 24th, 2018, 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Alpha PF-2 Wedges
PostPosted: May 25th, 2010, 7:05 am 

I'm going to start with a quote from my father after his first round with a 56* PF-2:

"I think I used the wedge about 20 times. I have been able to spin it really well on the green. I only have used it once or twice out of the sand, but it has become my go to club for shots under 75 yards. It feels so balanced, plus it is heavy enough to get through the high grass."

I was extremely fortunate when I won the PF-2 56* in our Spring Contest from Rory at Indacupgolf.com. I must say that it was an extreme pleasure to work with him on getting this wedge set up. I was also fortunate enough to work with Neil from Pgwld.com this past winter to build a 52* & 56* for my setup, and yet another great experience with our sponsors!

The PF-2s come in a gorgeous satin finish with milled faces and deep grooves. As my dad stated above, these wedges have a solid weight to them and the bounce is pretty much perfect for the courses that I play on (medium soft to hard ground usually). They do indeed produce a great stopping power, I get compliments from everyone that I play with about their ability. With the addition of the PF-2s, I have been able to work in and around the green from anywhere within 100 yards with great accuracy and spin. They also have a great forged feel to them. I am currently playing MP-32s and I would say that the softness of the forging is very comparable. I also have an old Cleveland CG-10 60* that I throw in there every once in a while and I can't play it anymore because it feels like I'm chipping with a tin shovel, :cry: .

I am extremely happy with the results that I have seen in both my game and my father's game and would definitely recommend the PF-2s (from our great sponsors) to anyone that wants a great wedge built specifically to better their game!

p.s. I forgot to mention that these wedges can stop a range ball dead in it's tracks with a half swing :crazy: it's a beautiful thing...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Alpha PF-2 Wedges
PostPosted: May 25th, 2010, 9:59 pm 

My only disappointment with these wedges has been that the face milling wears down very quickly. I suppose that's going to be common with a forged head, but this was the first wedge I have played that had the face milling, and so that bothered me a little. However, in spite of that, I still find that I get really good spin out of them, so I have no intention of replacing them for a good while.

Dave

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Alpha PF-2 Wedges
PostPosted: May 27th, 2010, 10:03 am 
GolfBizTalk Admin

Unfortunately the milling wears off quickly on both forged and cast clubs. But damn, Alpha makes sexy looking wedges.

Profile E-mail