It is currently August 19th, 2018, 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Alpha C830.4 LX Irons review
PostPosted: April 13th, 2010, 9:13 am 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

All I can say is WOW!!!!

I've finally found a set that for me, is way better than the X-16's I thought I would play until I was old and gray.

Alpha has a big time winner here. Extremely forgiving and sweet feeling.

Looks, Materials of Construction: 304 SS with a satin finish. Doesn't get much better than that. For all those who said it looks like Taylormade. While I will admit it looks like the offspring between an affair between Callaway and Taylormade :lol: , it is unique too. Maybe one of the nicest looking sets of irons I've owned. Rifle 5.0 shafts, House of Forged Carolina blue and white grips. The weights look like Snake Eyes weights and are very similar. Snake Eyes weights will fit in place of the original weights. Each existing weight weighs 4 gr. Alpha also has other weights that will fit these irons.

Performance: Extremely forgiving, maybe more forgiving than anything I've hit from Callaway or TM. My irons over the last 5 years have either been TM or Callaway. I have noticed distance gains with this set, but I'm still trying to "dial in" how far I can push each iron. That's normal with any new set. The HOF grips feel good, and feel wise remind me of something between Crossline and New Decade grips, but look similar to DD2 grips.

I'm very happy with this set. My thanks go out to Alpha and to my good friend Neil Simpson. C830.4 LX's can be purchased through either Neil at PGW or GCG. Again, like I said with the Pinfire review even if I could not sell these I would recommend them. They are freakin awesome!!!!

Last edited by CPanther1995 on October 31st, 2010, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Alpha C830.4 LX Irons review
PostPosted: April 13th, 2010, 10:13 am 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

Corrected my review with the proper name of these iron heads :geek:

Profile E-mail