It is currently January 20th, 2017, 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Contests
PostPosted: March 15th, 2012, 1:18 pm 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

Rick / Sponsors - would it be easier on you guys if the contest were done only twice a year versus the four times that it's done now?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Contests
PostPosted: March 15th, 2012, 8:05 pm 
GolfBizTalk Admin

I'd like to hear thoughts from everyone, not just myself and sponsors. Although I do hope the sponsors weigh in.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 15th, 2012, 9:38 pm 

fuck that... I like free stuff lets do em every week!

I know not practical or reasonable. What brought on the concern?

I guess is a sponsor didn't want to commit they wouldn't have to.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 16th, 2012, 4:33 pm 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

It makes no difference to me. 1, 2, 3, 4 or more...I don't really give a sh-t one way or the other!

I think I have said that before. If I have to worry about a few freebies...well, I might as well close the doors.

Now for some...where this is a sideline or an extra way to make some income for whatever purpose...I can understand it.

I'll go with either side...whatever you want to do. Matters not to me. :???:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 16th, 2012, 6:06 pm 

For me what ever the sponsors want to do is fine. I like the quarterly contest and think that is fair. The other thing for the sponsors is are they getting their moneys worth. Are we supporting them like they are supporting us?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 16th, 2012, 6:13 pm 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

The other thing for the sponsors is are they getting their moneys worth. Are we supporting them like they are supporting us?

FOR ME THE ANSWER IS " NO " :bill: BEEN IN HEAR A LOOOOOOOOG TIME & HAVEN'T SOLD ONE THING TO A MEMBER, NOT EVEN A PM ? WHAT KIND OF PRICE CAN YOU GIVE ME ETC ! BUT I'M STILL IN

ALDILA, INTEGRA,
Discount to GolfBizTalk members

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 16th, 2012, 7:23 pm 

Personally, I can do without the giveaways. I'm not here just to pad my post count to win a prize. I like reading about all of you, and will not stop coming here because of a contest.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 16th, 2012, 7:41 pm 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

You don't have to buy anything from me to support me...I just enjoy your company, quite frankly.

But, Richard is correct. Quite a few of the sponsors here carry Geek stuff...buy it from them.

The towels and shirts I sold to you was at my cost. The shirts were $25.00 or so with my logos..the towels were right at $13.50/14.00 or so w/logo. This does not hurt my retailers or distributors...they would not carry this stuff anyway...BUT THE GEEK HATS? One of the biggest mistakes and most overlooked retail product most fitters and builders make (meaning they should carry a hat line from all their component lines). Another thread is needed to talk about that. I believe I have told a few of you over the telephone on why this is so important.

Anyway...you want to support Geek? Buy it from the other sponsors on here. They will cut you a Damn good deal. Throw a bone to Richard on occasion..and call the others before you lay the dough down for anything you are searching for in golf related items. Andy in Scotland, and Gary and a guy named Matt you probably don't know...never look to save a couple bucks...they will buy from a sponsor and give them the biz...like a few others here as well. I know money is tight...but not so tight to go around a sponsor to save a few bucks. Victory Golf carries EVERYTHING...and Ken knows where to get it and will work with you pricewise..believe that! Most of the guys here know how to cut a deal...just ask!

Anyway...as always Thank you all for the personal support..and most importantly THANK YOU...Mr. Rick Brown and Mr. Doc Green. I have 3 of my best friends on this site....Richard Nydam, Rick Stamey and Ken Husver..I thank them as well over the years. Big time respect for all the rest of you!

I sincerely mean that...and if you don't believe that...
F you! :yahoo:

:beer:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 16th, 2012, 9:31 pm 

Whatever is easiest for everyone involved is cool.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 16th, 2012, 10:40 pm 

I still haven't cashed in my prize from 2 years ago! Won a Geek clubhead which included the upcoming No Brainer head.

I'm still holding tight! I might go after a 5 or 3 wood and just buy the No Brainer when it hits the market.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 19th, 2012, 9:06 am 

If there wasn't a contest again on this site I wouldn't care less.

It's great of the sponsers put up prizes but if we as a community aren't trying to support them when we look to buy something, I don't see why they would keep doing so & I'd personally feel guilty if I to take a $100 shaft off them or whatever it was without even looking to send some coin with them.

For me it's about the craic, reading some interesting titbits about the goings on within the golf industry and being able to get an answer to a question I might have whether it be about Clubbuilding or something else.

:???:

Profile E-mail