It is currently August 18th, 2018, 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: USGA is this complicated or what
PostPosted: June 9th, 2012, 12:12 pm 

I think the USGA has taken golf into a set of rules complex beyond need. Is it time for some competition in the game so the USGA feels some raional sense iapprorpriate:? All round s have to posted, why, I was entertaining quests on that round. The Handicap Committee is God even if the guy running it is closer to the horse's tail than the ear? DO we need a NAGA, North American Golf Assoc. that has 20 rules and you average your last 8 scores after throwing out the highest and lowest in the last 10, complicated?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: USGA is this complicated or what
PostPosted: June 9th, 2012, 2:50 pm 

asles wrote:
I think the USGA has taken golf into a set of rules complex beyond need. Is it time for some competition in the game so the USGA feels some raional sense iapprorpriate:? All round s have to posted, why, I was entertaining quests on that round. The Handicap Committee is God even if the guy running it is closer to the horse's tail than the ear? DO we need a NAGA, North American Golf Assoc. that has 20 rules and you average your last 8 scores after throwing out the highest and lowest in the last 10, complicated?

Sometimes I think they are a wholly owned subsidiary of the IRS.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 9th, 2012, 3:21 pm 
GolfBizTalk Admin

It's too bad the PGA Tour doesn't want the hassle or responsibility for the rules of the game. If they announced that they were not following the archaic and silly USGA bullshit and instead were going to simplify things to what the spirit of the rules intended, the golfing public would follow along. They'd play what they see the pros play on TV.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 13th, 2012, 11:48 am 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

The regime after Frank Thomas just seems to not only flex their muscle but more importantly strikes me as the types that feel they MUST do or say something rather then leave well enough alone. It reminds me of a consulting firm...they have to simply find something wrong and/or change even though it really doesn't need change! They have to justify their $$$...so they always recomend firing/change, etc.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 13th, 2012, 12:41 pm 

USGA reminds me of the FDA. Tasked with "approving" things and have a financial interest in doing so. Most people who play golf care little about the USGA. It's not an organization looking out for them.