It is currently August 18th, 2018, 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Is it bad to talk about bad experiences with component companies?
PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 12:50 pm 

Or any company for that matter? For instance, I've had a negative experience with a fairly well known component company and have refrained from speaking about it.

Do you guys just keep your mouth zipped when you have a bad experience and only tell about the good ones?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Is it bad to talk about bad experiences with component companies?
PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 1:12 pm 

justinarndt wrote:
Or any company for that matter? For instance, I've had a negative experience with a fairly well known component company and have refrained from speaking about it.

Do you guys just keep your mouth zipped when you have a bad experience and only tell about the good ones?

My feeling, if I had (which I haven't) a bad experience with a sponsor, I would not post it publicly, but if someone inquired as to experience with that particular sponsor, I would email or PM them directly and explain my issues.

If a non-sponsor, all bets are off. If it is component vendor, manufacturer, etc, I will post my two cents. Fortunately, I have only had one negative experience with any component vendor. For the record, it was Pro Series Golf and the issue was that I was sent a partial shipment and never received my full order (and apparently no one answers the phone over there).

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Is it bad to talk about bad experiences with component companies?
PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 1:14 pm 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

Is it Warrior Golf? :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 1:35 pm 

IMO I think it is always best to reach out to them privately and see if things can be resolved.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 1:56 pm 

I think as long as it is handled in a reasonable manner any complaint or compliment is good for everybody. I would assume if you had a bad experience with a sponsor or a sponsor sold product that the sponsor or the manufacturer would make it right in some way. If you're a bitchy little girl and your complaint is unwarranted or unreasonable than we don't want to hear about it. As a person running a business it's not fun to hear about how we let a client down or failed in some way to provide the service our client expected but I actually appreciate hearing about the reasonable complaints. In the end it's the only thing that makes us better in the long run. I want all of our clients to be satisfied with our product and services. When they're not I want to know about it. If they went to some public forum I would like to know that I took care of it in a manner that would compel them to say " Hey I had an issue with this or that but they took care of it." No person or business is perfect. But if you care about your client, they'll know it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 2:18 pm 
GolfBizTalk Admin

You should give any company a fair chance to make things right, that goes for components and OEM. It also goes for cars, televisions and frozen waffles. No company is perfect and everyone make mistakes. If you attempt to go through the proper channels and still get no satisfaction, then by all means, tell the truth. That's one of the reasons I started this site, because the other forums had become that "never is heard a discouraging word" bullshit where any negative opinions were shouted down or completely censored. Why do companies that screw their customers get the benefit of the cone of silence? The ones who are doing things right deserve to get business and part of that is steering people away from companies that do things wrong.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 2:31 pm 

The thing that makes golf forums useful is that on some of them you can get honest opinions. If you only share the positives and hide the negatives those are not honest opinions. Protect the field and let people know about your problems, that will save us from making the same mistakes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 3:47 pm 

I agree with the others, you owe the company a fair chance to fix the problem. If they refuse you don't owe them anything more than the truth. If they mess up they deserve to have their potential customers hear about it.

The one thing I would be extra careful about is bad-mouthing sponsors. Yes, there are times when they might deserve it, but they probably deserve the courtesy of taking the problem up with the site owners or administrators to see if they can intercede on your behalf.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 4:31 pm 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

Always PM your complaint to any business ! Shouting negativity ALWAYS produces negativity AND bad Carma Which is not good for your golf game. It will hang around your neck like a 5# fishing weight. :bill:

ALDILA, INTEGRA,
Discount to GolfBizTalk members

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 7:23 pm 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

justinarndt wrote:

If it's Geek call me....If I won't do anything or refuse to make it right if my fault...BLAST ME OUT OF THE WATER on this site or any other you deem proper. But, like they say, let's see if we can make it right before you attach a Rocket launcher to your comment. I expect you to do the same thing to any company that does you wrong or is wrong in their line of thinking!

If any company F-cks you....they are FAIR GAME! :o

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 6th, 2012, 2:36 pm 
GolfBizTalk Admin

Geekoman wrote:

If it's Geek call me....If I won't do anything or refuse to make it right if my fault...BLAST ME OUT OF THE WATER on this site or any other you deem proper. But, like they say, let's see if we can make it right before you attach a Rocket launcher to your comment. I expect you to do the same thing to any company that does you wrong or is wrong in their line of thinking!

That's the difference, companies that take care of their customers never fear the truth. It's only the dirtbags that want the truth hidden. Any company that objects to any customer telling the complete, unadulterated truth about their experience with that company is hiding something.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 6th, 2012, 6:59 pm 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

I aint scared of no ghosts either!
But do agree
while not everything works for everyone -people need to keep that in mind-
a shaft or club may not work for you but it may be the holy grail for someone else
contact prior is always the right way to me and best way to get things resolved

Acropolis Golf
ANMKARA.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 6th, 2012, 11:07 pm 

DrGreen wrote:
Is it Warrior Golf? :lol:

THAT was funny Doc! :-)

On a serious note, if you try to rectify the situation and are still unable to resolve it I think it's okay to post your experience. If nothing else you warn others to stay away from the vendor.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 7th, 2012, 3:27 pm 

pgw wrote:
But do agree
a shaft or club may not work for you but it may be the holy grail for someone else

I certainly hope that everyone here would be smart enough to understand the difference between "Damn, I don't hit this club very well" and "Company X put a giant scorch mark on my club when reshafting it and won't make good."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: March 7th, 2012, 4:55 pm 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

SKrinsky wrote:
pgw wrote:
But do agree

I certainly hope that everyone here would be smart enough to understand the difference between "Damn, I don't hit this club very well" and "Company X put a giant scorch mark on my club when reshafting it and won't make good."

lol-I hope so too

Acropolis Golf
ANMKARA.com

Profile E-mail