It is currently August 18th, 2018, 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Obamacare...what say you?
PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 11:16 am 

I think everyone should have some kind of insurance, I just think with the government involved it will rapidly increase health care cost. Kinda like what the government has done to higher education. I don't agree that adults under 26 years old should stay on their parents program. They need to go out and get a damned job that provides health coverage. The whole thing will be a complete disaster, it's just a question of when.

What's your take on the good the bad or the ugly ugly if this law finally gets started?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Obamacare...what say you?
PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 12:08 pm 

ND Fan wrote:
I think everyone should have some kind of insurance, I just think with the government involved it will rapidly increase health care cost. Kinda like what the government has done to higher education. I don't agree that adults under 26 years old should stay on their parents program. They need to go out and get a damned job that provides health coverage. What's your take on the good the bad or the ugly ugly if this law finally gets started?

You have to have auto insurance to drive a car and if you get in a wreck without insurance it's a crime. If you get sick and show up at an emergency room without insurance they treat you for free and people who have insurance pick up the cost. So one way to look at it is if you don't have insurance you should have the decency to stay home and either get better or die.

I feel for people who have a job and insurance but have a pre-existing condition that prohibits them from ever getting insurance again if they lose/change their jobs.

I tend to think we can do better as a society if we all work together and try to take care of each other but wat do I know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 1:04 pm 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

"Supreme Court upholds PPACA
This morning, the U.S. Supreme Court announced that it has upheld health care reform as to the requirement that individuals purchase insurance or pay a tax. As a result, the Court also upheld the employer mandate and all related obligations."

In November, the US public will rule whether they agree with Obama-Care or not. Should be an interesting election.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 3:47 pm 

ND Fan wrote:
I think everyone should have some kind of insurance, I just think with the government involved it will rapidly increase health care cost. Kinda like what the government has done to higher education. I don't agree that adults under 26 years old should stay on their parents program. They need to go out and get a damned job that provides health coverage. The whole thing will be a complete disaster, it's just a question of when.

What's your take on the good the bad or the ugly ugly if this law finally gets started?

I have no idea how the SCOTUS ruled as they did. They are playing Congress in now trying to re-write this mess themselves. A more activist court we could not hope for. Their reasoning that health care is a product like gasoline and can be "taxed" just doesn't hold water. If you don't buy something, you have nothing to show, -how do you determine the rate of taxation of NOTHING? Bullshit.

The "tax" of not buying health insurance should come at the emergency room. You don't have it, you pay full price. Up to you to come up with the money.

Doing things like closing the border, opening insurance pools across state lines? Yeah. I could get behind that. As it is, this is a funnel of money toward an industry already raping the public. When do the $15 Tylenol tabs at a hospital ever come into question? Stuff like that. Common sense shit. :angry:

When the true unemployment/under-employment rate is more like 20%, telling people to go out and get a job obviously is not going to get very far.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2012, 11:34 pm 

When has the federal government done anything successful and under budget? or even predicted any program within 200% of the orignal promise.

You believers, get ready Social Security will not be there for you. If so, the dollar will be practically worthless.

If the government has a constitutional right to tax health care, what is next?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2012, 10:00 am 

I think it would be more efficient to have one health care law rather than 50 different laws - plus the current law allows for states to have flexibility.

Why people just can't take the current law, make it simpler, and improve upon it - is beyond me. Which is why I think the current controversy is a power play - one side wants to undo or do nothing, and the other side wants to move forward.

We're in the same car. Let's work together.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2012, 10:16 am 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

I think we do need to do something better than what we have been doing, Most of it is to gov. controlled; BUT WHAT I DO LIKE IS THE ILLEGALS WILL NOW HAVE TO PAY THERE SHARE FOR MEDICAL NEEDS. We have to pay 4 ours they pay 4 theirs PERIOD. :yahoo:

ALDILA, INTEGRA,
Discount to GolfBizTalk members

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2012, 9:14 pm 

mr_divots wrote:
ND Fan wrote:

I have no idea how the SCOTUS ruled as they did. They are playing Congress in now trying to re-write this mess themselves. A more activist court we could not hope for. Their reasoning that health care is a product like gasoline and can be "taxed" just doesn't hold water. If you don't buy something, you have nothing to show, -how do you determine the rate of taxation of NOTHING? Bullshit.

It's apparent you're not an attorney.

That's not a bad thing, but it doesn't allow you to see what Roberts saw. At the same time, the Roberts verdict is a victory in some ways for Conservatives. And apparently, Roberts saw or found a constitutional argument that was strong enough to uphold the law.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2012, 5:58 pm 

Desmond wrote:
mr_divots wrote:
ND Fan wrote:

That's not a bad thing, but it doesn't allow you to see what Roberts saw. At the same time, the Roberts verdict is a victory in some ways for Conservatives. And apparently, Roberts saw or found a constitutional argument that was strong enough to uphold the law.

No, I am not. Drop some tax knowledge on me. :wink:

PostPosted: July 6th, 2012, 1:21 pm 

mr_divots wrote:
Desmond wrote:
mr_divots wrote:
ND Fan wrote:

I have not read the opinion and don't plan to do so in the near future until the real tax gurus analyze the opinion and offer their insane thoughts. :bill: We're talking tax theory.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: July 6th, 2012, 1:32 pm 

Desmond wrote:
mr_divots wrote:
Desmond wrote:
mr_divots wrote:
ND Fan wrote:

I have not read the opinion and don't plan to do so in the near future until the real tax gurus analyze the opinion and offer their insane thoughts. :bill: We're talking tax theory.

Well, substantiate what you believe "Roberts saw" in his ruling, Mr. Lawyer. :wink: You're typing a lot and not saying much. Very lawyer-like. :geek:

PostPosted: July 6th, 2012, 9:38 pm 

mr_divots wrote:
Desmond wrote:
mr_divots wrote:
Desmond wrote:
mr_divots wrote:
ND Fan wrote:

Well, substantiate what you believe "Roberts saw" in his ruling, Mr. Lawyer. :wink: You're typing a lot and not saying much. Very lawyer-like. :geek:

Not typing much at all.

But you know nothing and are typing a lot.

Profile E-mail