It is currently August 19th, 2018, 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Hit the Daily Double last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: January 11th, 2012, 7:49 pm 

Have not seen APES yet, but wife and I LOVED horrible bosses!

Considering my wife and I are among the dumbest on the planet, per Rick, take our recommendation for what it's worth. :cry:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 11th, 2012, 8:04 pm 
GolfBizTalk Admin

indacup wrote:

Considering my wife and I are among the dumbest on the planet, per Rick, take our recommendation for what it's worth. :cry:

Gee, why would anyone think a person is dumb if that person can't even remember to post his little tantrums in the right thread? Keep your whining in here. Read #3 of the N/P/R/C Rules here:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=56

Consider this warning #1. Keep your whining consigned to where it belongs so as not to bother everyone else.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 11th, 2012, 8:16 pm 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

indacup wrote:

I know you to be a good person Rory and I hope that you somehow are able to find some inner peace and happiness.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 11:52 am 

Rick, I guess I need an explanation….

In the past, when a thread meanders from one subject to one of political nature, you transfer the thread over to the political section (which I applaud you for).

However, the reference I just made was one that came up in the political section but since you stated your disdain for me and Iowans was NOT political (remember the numerous times I asked you to recant or reword your accusations?) and you said you insisted on me, my wife, kids, grandkids, friends and the remaining 3 million Iowans were all dumb and as you stated to me, you’d never retract.
This takes your stance, and mine, OUT of the political arena, and now a general one, which should mean, according to the standards you created, I can reference it anytime…..

So seems to me you have a couple choices, either state your comments are political only, or admit your comments are across the board and allow me to reference (quote) your comments freely.

Which shall it be?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 11:57 am 

DrGreen wrote:
indacup wrote:

I know you to be a good person Rory and I hope that you somehow are able to find some inner peace and happiness.

Doc, I understand your concern...but Imagine if I decided to ask Rick to be a sponsor and ask for free product for my website, and after two years of doing so, I then announce on the same website he contributed to support, everyone from Hooker Rd in Connecticut are the stupidest people on the planet?

Then imagine he asked me repeatedly to reword my thoughts to minimize the damage and I came back and tell him, "never"...How would you feel?

How would you feel?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 1:41 pm 

There's some thin skin on these boards.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 2:46 pm 

indacup wrote:
Rick, I guess I need an explanation….

In the past, when a thread meanders from one subject to one of political nature, you transfer the thread over to the political section (which I applaud you for).

However, the reference I just made was one that came up in the political section but since you stated your disdain for me and Iowans was NOT political (remember the numerous times I asked you to recant or reword your accusations?) and you said you insisted on me, my wife, kids, grandkids, friends and the remaining 3 million Iowans were all dumb and as you stated to me, you’d never retract.
This takes your stance, and mine, OUT of the political arena, and now a general one, which should mean, according to the standards you created, I can reference it anytime…..

So seems to me you have a couple choices, either state your comments are political only, or admit your comments are across the board and allow me to reference (quote) your comments freely.

Which shall it be?

Buck up, Cowboy. Nobody friggin cares or wants to hear this cheese and wine anymore. :roll:

PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 3:35 pm 

ND Fan wrote:
There's some thin skin on these boards.

Sorry, did not mean to repeat the "How would you feel" twice...I would have edited it, but since Rick is too much of a coward to discuss with me his bigotry and lies, he decided to make the playing field less fair by not allowing me to edit my own comments..even for typos...LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 3:43 pm 

mr_divots wrote:
Buck up, Cowboy. Nobody friggin cares or wants to hear this cheese and wine anymore. :roll:

No one but me maybe...and this whole thing could have been resolved on day one and can come to a stop immediately if Rick would simply reword his statements and simply say he feels his comments about Iowans (including me, my wife, kids, grandkids..et al were meant from a political point of view and not meant literally.

Again, I ask you how would you feel if after giving products to his cause for 2 years, contributing daily to advance the website, he comes out and tells you you, your family and friends are idiots?

Would you ask him to clarify and rethink his comments like I have done?

I have apologized for my past comments,he has chosen to do the opposite.

I will not drop this till the day arrives where he can bear some responsibility for his actions, or at minimum meet me halfway and clarify his position...but that takes integrity...and apparently, that is only a concept for Rick...something he chooses not to practice.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 3:59 pm 

I live in Indiana and this state is full of dumb asses, sometimes we all get lumped in with them but I comfortable enough to know just exactly who and what I am. So if you were to say Indiana is full of dumb asses It probably wouldn't even register on my radar. I've traveled this entire country with the exception of Alaska and every state has it's dumb asses. To arbitrarily say one entire state is somehow dumber than another would put you in the dumb asses category for your respective state. Sorry Rick but it's just plain silly to make that comment. I would just get over it, I am pretty sure it's not doing anyone any good to have this pissing contest. Although it is moderately entertaining to see grown men behave like third graders.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 4:29 pm 

indacup wrote:
mr_divots wrote:

No one but me maybe...and this whole thing could have been resolved on day one and can come to a stop immediately if Rick would simply reword his statements and simply say he feels his comments about Iowans (including me, my wife, kids, grandkids..et al were meant from a political point of view and not meant literally.

Again, I ask you how would you feel if after giving products to his cause for 2 years, contributing daily to advance the website, he comes out and tells you you, your family and friends are idiots?

Would you ask him to clarify and rethink his comments like I have done?

I have apologized for my past comments,he has chosen to do the opposite.

I will not drop this till the day arrives where he can bear some responsibility for his actions, or at minimum meet me halfway and clarify his position...but that takes integrity...and apparently, that is only a concept for Rick...something he chooses not to practice.

So take it to PM like anyone else would do. We don't have to re-hash this yet again. So it was one ill-worded/conceived post, and ND is right, I've heard much worse from 3rd graders.
You've brought up the prize thing a # of times. It's a nice feature of the site, but I doubt anyone logs on here solely for prizes. I just post here because I know some of the people and like them (and stupid DRAMA caused their exodus from another site.) I've won two great prizes now from this board (and a big thanks to PGW and Victory for those!) I've given back 3 prizes I won and couldn't use or wanted someone else to have a chance at from the contests. It's not the impetus for my posting anyway. I can't speak for others.

PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 7:55 pm 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

indacup wrote:
DrGreen wrote:
indacup wrote:

Doc, I understand your concern...but Imagine if I decided to ask Rick to be a sponsor and ask for free product for my website, and after two years of doing so, I then announce on the same website he contributed to support, everyone from Hooker Rd in Connecticut are the stupidest people on the planet?

Then imagine he asked me repeatedly to reword my thoughts to minimize the damage and I came back and tell him, "never"...How would you feel?

How would you feel?

Here's a couple RickB shots at me:

“Anyone that picks Red Sox gets banned. That means you Doc”

“... forget the major riots following the Patriots Super Bowl wins and the Red Sox WS in 2004 and 2007. Boston is a shithole, they riot over anything.”

So .....I live in a shithole, everyone in Massachusetts will riot over anything and I was threatened to be banned for liking the Red Sox. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 13th, 2012, 9:48 am 

mr_divots wrote:
So take it to PM like anyone else would do. We don't have to re-hash this yet again. So it was one ill-worded/conceived post, and ND is right, I've heard much worse from 3rd graders.
We HAVE taken it to PM and it's worse in there....he made an interesting comment about us Christians as well...at least in the public I feel it is more civil (outside those where I lost my temper and apologized about).
Quote:
You've brought up the prize thing a # of times. It's a nice feature of the site, but I doubt anyone logs on here solely for prizes. I just post here because I know some of the people and like them (and stupid DRAMA caused their exodus from another site.) I've won two great prizes now from this board (and a big thanks to PGW and Victory for those!) I've given back 3 prizes I won and couldn't use or wanted someone else to have a chance at from the contests. It's not the impetus for my posting anyway. I can't speak for others.

Good comments. As I stated earlier, it's not just the prizes, those are material things. But it was the physical efforts, my almost daily postings, supporting the site, the countless emails and phone calls I got from members asking for (and getting) free technical advice...etc countless hours were donated to strengthen this site.

I truly enjoy and have the highest respect for all the members, sponsors, and until Rick displayed his bigotry against me, family and friends, felt the same about Rick. We never had a problem, and I feel in most things have the same ideology on ethics, golf, treatment of others...this bigoted side of him threw me for a loop, and I feel betrayed by someone I thought was a friend.

Up to two weeks ago had Rick asked me for a favor monetarily or physically, I would have done so, in a heartbeat, without question. Up until then I truly respected him and the perceived values he had...I had no idea that all along he felt that my family, friends and myself were all mentally inferior to the rest of the planet.

While I think it, comical that he preaches equality to all, and never to suppress, edit or censor members comments, he apparently felt threatened by the truth to make an exception with me and limiting my freedom of speech here.

However, I DO think he made a great management decision by moving my comments from the general public section to here. Even though my comments were not political in nature, he moved it here so those who don't WANT to see my comments (like you) can simply stay focused on this thread in the general section, and avoid same thread in the political file.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Rory

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 13th, 2012, 3:04 pm 

DrGreen wrote:
indacup wrote:
DrGreen wrote:
indacup wrote:

How would you feel?

“... forget the major riots following the Patriots Super Bowl wins and the Red Sox WS in 2004 and 2007. Boston is a shithole, they riot over anything.”

So .....I live in a shithole, everyone in Massachusetts will riot over anything and I was threatened to be banned for liking the Red Sox. :lol:

I guess that would include me Doc. I live just outside of Boston. :o

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 13th, 2012, 4:58 pm 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

DefCon1 wrote:
DrGreen wrote:
indacup wrote:
DrGreen wrote:
indacup wrote:

How would you feel?

I guess that would include me Doc. I live just outside of Boston. :o

Yep, at least a half dozen of us proud "shit holers" here. :lol:

Profile E-mail