It is currently August 19th, 2018, 7:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: If the election was tomorrow ..........
PostPosted: January 11th, 2012, 7:10 am 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

........and it was Romney vs Obama.

Who wins?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: If the election was tomorrow ..........
PostPosted: January 11th, 2012, 7:33 am 

DrGreen wrote:

Who wins?

As a registered Dem, I'd vote for Obama. I had Romney for a govenor and I don't trust him.

With that being said, if the Dems were to hold a primary, I probably would not vote for Obama. Last time I voted for Richardson.

The only Rep candidate I could really stomach is Huntsman. There are few things I agree with Ron Paul on, but his small government and (from what I have gathered) his view on foreign policy I find troubling.

Again, I typically like to fact check things I hear second and third hand, however, since I don't vote in this primary, I am not concerning myself with checking facts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 11th, 2012, 8:07 am 

After Obama has time to campaign against what the Republican Congress has not done, and then go after Romney, tear apart his Bain record and expose his gaffes - Obama wins.
___

Romney is a flip-flopping, unfeeling, insensitive, out-of-touch politician without conviction.

I don't mind some flip-flopping as views change over the years - but he's done it quickly to appeal to an extremist right wing.

But looking at the GOP, I don't think they've given us a candidate better than the current President. If the GOP had been more conciliatory in working with the President in finding common ground, I think we as a country would be on better footing. They refused- and should pay the price.

To let you know - I don't think Obama made the correct strategic move with Health Care. I think some type of health care program is inevitable - very soon, as health care costs increase, only the upper class will have decent health care - and that is simply unacceptable. But Obama inherited a serious recession that affected every phase of the economy. The stimulus, however disorganized, was shown by the CBO to have a positive effect on the economy. Personally, I don't think it was big enough or organized sufficiently -- I blame the Pubs more than the Dems for that fault. Many economists thought we needed a larger stimulus. Yes, you've got to pay for those deficits eventually. After the private economy gets goosed, you begin entitlement reform, cuts, and reform. Then you work on health care... It's not that difficult, folks. But we have too many special interests and they don't want their "programs" touched, even if the country will benefit from their reform.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 11th, 2012, 11:25 am 

Some stinking turd will win.

I'll be writing in Ron Paul.

As to his foreign policy: it too is based on a Constitutionally based government. All this NATO/UN stuff has to end. Globalism is a plague on man. We have no representation in these "treaty organizations" as Americans. It's the playground of the rich and powerful and its crap.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2012, 11:46 am 
GolfBizTalk Admin

mr_divots wrote:

It always comes down to a choice between a turd sandwich and a giant douche.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/1 ... ebate-2004

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 11th, 2012, 12:04 pm 

mr_divots wrote:

I'll be writing in Ron Paul.

As to his foreign policy: it too is based on a Constitutionally based government. All this NATO/UN stuff has to end. Globalism is a plague on man. We have no representation in these "treaty organizations" as Americans. It's the playground of the rich and powerful and its crap.

For foreign policy, we need to be somewhere in the middle of where we are and what Paul is proposing (IMO).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 2:20 pm 

DrGreen wrote:

Who wins?

If it comes down to the two of them, no one wins...we, the Americans lose.

Both are liars (and I have verbalized here repeatedly about how I feel about liars), and Obama has not only proven himself to be a liar, but an incompetent one at that.

While I am a registered Republican, none of those currently running I feel comfortable with...all carry a trait or two I like, but also maintain ideology I do not agree with.

So I feel I have no choice but to wait it out and what it comes down to and decide then.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 16th, 2012, 10:39 am 

The CFR, Bilderburgs, United Nations, & all other assholes who want a one-world totalitarian government would win.
Ron Paul in 1988 & 2008,
& again in 2012, even though it might be too late. :thumbup:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 16th, 2012, 10:35 pm 

Hobson's choice!

The American electorate always losses when our two partys give similiar candidates every presidential election with respect to the Constitution.

How else is the United States going to be swooned into a one world government because American's don't know what freedom is anymore?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 17th, 2012, 1:37 pm 

yaffldaffl wrote:
DrGreen wrote:

Who wins?

As a registered Dem, I'd vote for Obama. I had Romney for a govenor and I don't trust him.

With that being said, if the Dems were to hold a primary, I probably would not vote for Obama. Again, I typically like to fact check things I hear second and third hand, however, since I don't vote in this primary, I am not concerning myself with checking facts.

Ditto

Profile E-mail