It is currently August 18th, 2018, 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Iowa caucuses
PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 9:36 pm 

Oh, btw since you will not allow me to exit my posts but can edit yours, will you show some kind of integrity and promise to leave my posts, as is, regardless of the facts and challenges I present?

Or are you reserving the right to cover your ass an notlet the world see you as you are?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 11:43 pm 

The above post is an example why I requested to edit my posts...as you see, trying to post from a tablet/smart phone can sometimes be difficult.

So what I asked for is since Rick B.igot has stated he will not allow me to edit my posts, he should not be allowed to edit my posts OR his......if he is as confident that he is right, then he should prove it by letting us keep our posts as even...but apparently he does not want an even forum..... he has some insecurities and feels he needs an edge.... and cannot discuss things with me on an even field......so I guess he either agrees to this or is too chicken shit and wants an advantage....lets see what he says....

Tomorrow will be fun!

Bottom line is all Rick B.(iggot) has to do is apologize here and admit he wordid things wrong, and I will publicly accept his apology here and we move forward, or else we continue with this......and let it get ugly (again if he has the balls to do it).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 8th, 2012, 12:32 pm 

Okie doke, lets review Rick's statements and accusations...

RickBigot wrote:
To all the members of GBT, let me set the record straight on Rory's lies.

Rory has NEVER given me a single piece of free product for his sponsorship of this forum. Rory donates TWO prizes per year that go to the members of this forum and in fact that is Rory's SOLE contribution to this forum. He has never been charged a dime, never given me anything personally in his role as sponsor here and never been asked to do anything more than the other sponsors. I hereby challenge him to produce records that show otherwise, to produce financial documents to the contrary or to come up with a single shred of evidence to show that any contributions he made to the members here in exchange for sponsorship were done so against his will or that I ever for a single second reneged on my responsibility to display his banner in rotation, to allow him to use avatars and signatures as advertising and to post unlimited advertising on the site as he saw fit.

The FACTS are indeed documented and they show beyond the shadow of a doubt that Rory received all that was promised him and all that the other sponsors received and agreed to in exchange for sponsorship.

At no time did I EVER say that Rick Bigot asked me for product or services for personal usage I challenge him to show me where I said so.... this is an example of him distorting facts for his own means, or else he believes it and is living in a fantasy world....either way, it's indicative of the reduced value of his words.

As I stated repeatedly in the thread, including this post to Candukid: "I feel betrayed and screwed by Rick...for over two years now he's been PM'ing me to give away product to help him keep the site going , then he has the audacity to annouce I am one of the dumbest people on the planet?"

So as you can see, either Rick has an inability to comprehend simple dialog, or is a liar,

Quote:
And for Rory personally, this is fair warning that I have turned off your ability to edit your own posts so that when you again realize that you've crossed a line you're unable to go back and weasel out of it. Your own words are preserved here and will be used against you if I even stop laughing at you long enough to get pissed at your endless barrage of lies and want to escalate matters.

As I mentioned earlier, only a coward or a liar who has something to hide would alter the playing field so I cannot have control my posts while he can alter my comments as his......does this seem fair? Or the actions of a coward? Hasn't Rick said repeatedly how he would not censor the comments of others? Apparently, he has decided to back peddle that as well..... Integrity is apparently only a concept for Rick.

So now lets further address Ricks actions..... that have been documented in this thread....

1)This whole issue revolves around him taking product from me as a sponsor to keep the site going, and then stating that the state I live in, which includes me, my wife, kids, grand kids family and friends are "some of the dumbest on the planet". I have asked him repeatedly to recant or reword this sentiment of his and he has refused. If he would do so, I would have accepted this and we'd have moved on...he chose not to. This whole thread would be near the bottom of the list if it wasn't for his hatred towards me and Iowa.

2) I presented him numerous facts about Iowa and how we are not a bunch of simpletons as he has claimed, like us ranking 3rd in nation wide SAT's yet he refused to acknowledge it, and instead maintained his hatred towards me.

3) As I stated in the very beginning of this thread, Rick Bigot has a propensity to make sweeping generalizations and promulgate things that are not true....along with his statements that Iowans are "some of the dumbest people on the planet" he also stated that 50% of GBT members here are laughing at me.....does this mean 50% are agreeing with me and Rick's reckless allegations? or most likely does it mean Rick simply pulled that statement out of his ass? I am assuming, since he could not produce the proof when I asked him, it's the latter. He has established a habit of spewing "facts" with the inability of supporting them.

I agree and apologize for the hostile reactions I have had earlier, some of them were not appropriate and I know if my son had seen some of my responses, I would have felt ashamed....however, in the heat of the moment, I saw someone who has asked me to donate product ( =$$$) to assist him in his website, then see him condemn me, my family and friends......how would you feel?

Lets say you are Jewish, Italian, gay and have spent the last couple years openly supporting a site and all of a sudden you find out that the site condemns your kind?

I felt angered and betrayed....like I said, I gave Rick every chance to recant or reword is sentiment, but he appears to feel strongly that 3 million people, all isolated to a specific boundary are the dumbest people on the planet.

Therefore, I trust you all understand my sentiment and frustration over this whole thing...and again, I apologize for my words that were uttered in anger.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 8th, 2012, 12:46 pm 

Wow, somehow I stumbled into this thread. I never, never, ever get into a religion or political folder and now I remember why it is a smart thing to stay out of them. All that ever comes out of it is hard feelings and animosity toward one another. This is not a good way to start the year. Come on guys life is too short to do this kind of thing here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 8th, 2012, 1:07 pm 

Gus R wrote:
Wow, somehow I stumbled into this thread. I never, never, ever get into a religion or political folder and now I remember why it is a smart thing to stay out of them. All that ever comes out of it is hard feelings and animosity toward one another. This is not a good way to start the year. Come on guys life is too short to do this kind of thing here.

x 1,000,000

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 8th, 2012, 2:07 pm 

I agree with all of you who have expressed that this thread has gotten way out of hand.

I again, apologize on my part for my language and going over the top...over my feelings of being betrayed by Rick and hurt by his accusations that my family and friends, all whom he's never met he considers stupid.

I should have kept this between him and I ...I didn't and I am sorry for that.

This morning Rick emailed me and requested the name and number of my priest, so he could call and tell him about this thread, and my behavior.

I complied.

I trust this, along with Ricks condemnation of 3 million people he's never met, makes him feel better and GBT a better place to share golf thoughts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 8th, 2012, 3:01 pm 

Rory...Iowa doesn't hold a monopoly as some of the "dumbest" people on the planet. Come to my state of Massachusetts! haha Or any other state for that matter.

You've heard social commentators talk about the "dumbing down of America". Look at some our TV shows, or political advertising for that matter...they are an insult to one's intelligence.

People aren't dumb, but many are ignorant, and ignorance is easy to cure...simply stay informed.

People know more about Jersey Shore then they do about stimulus packages. Many high school graduates don't know that George Washington was the first president of the United States. Most Americans don't even know what a caucus is.

We blame Congress, we blame the president, we blame the Democrats or the Republicans for the state of our Union, but when push comes to shove we only have ourselves to blame because we chose not to become engaged in the political process.

So, are Iowan's dumb? Yeah...but then so are the rest of us.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 8th, 2012, 3:05 pm 

Well said Def,

That's how I feel. :clap:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 8th, 2012, 8:24 pm 

indacup wrote:
I agree with all of you who have expressed that this thread has gotten way out of hand.

I again, apologize on my part for my language and going over the top...over my feelings of being betrayed by Rick and hurt by his accusations that my family and friends, all whom he's never met he considers stupid.

I should have kept this between him and I ...I didn't and I am sorry for that.

This morning Rick emailed me and requested the name and number of my priest, so he could call and tell him about this thread, and my behavior.

I complied.

I trust this, along with Ricks condemnation of 3 million people he's never met, makes him feel better and GBT a better place to share golf thoughts.

LOL! :deadhorse:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 8th, 2012, 9:35 pm 

Rick- when you call my church tomorrow as you promised you would, I beleive I mentioned LeAnn will most likely answer the phone...

Her husband is andy, a playing partner of mine and she has two sons, Chance and Taylor...Chance got a golf scholotrship to University of Dubuque, or as you would say, the dumbest university on the planet...LOL :lol:

Then when you talk to father, I might suggest aside from "tattling" on me, you might wanna seek his advice for anyone who claims an entire state houses the dumbest people on the planet...but then again you most likely won't because you'd have to explain you consider him one of the dumbest preists on the planet, correct? :P

Whatever, I look forward to hearing your results! Have fun buddy!!! :yahoo:

Profile E-mail