It is currently July 23rd, 2018, 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Finally doing it!
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2014, 9:03 am 

Well as of December 19th got down to 213... survived the Holidays weighed in this AM at 215. I am OK with a 2 lb increase. I didn't eat crazy but I certainly fell off the wagon a little. I had a few days off and and plenty of basement work to finish up so my running was inconsistent at best probably ran 9 miles in the past 2 weeks, about 8 short of my usual 2 week span. Tried running this morning and just wasn't feeling it, got 3/4 of a mile and ran out of gas. That's OK may take me over this weekend to get it back on track. Pace is the key, started out too fast this AM 7.5 mph too much for me right now to maintain. Still got my pulse up and burned some calories, but starting out tomorrow at 6 mph and will finish it. Eating habits slipped a bit as result of the Holidays, still have some left overs that I pick through and snacking has becoming my demon after the constant flow of food, but I feel it getting better. I just don't want to feel like I am denying myself a treat now and then, I'll get over it. This is not a diet it's a change in lifestyle and it shifts around a little. Diets are the pits, too many rules and too many disappointments. I am not on a diet, I am changing the way I interact with exercise and food. Slipping is part of the process, kind of like any addiction. I'll get through it. Looking forward to getting our basement completed. I'll have plenty of room to incorporate some more workout stuff. Gotta find something that is less boring than running on a treadmill. Thanks for asking, it's going well and I am determined to get going again and get below 200 for the first time since college. At 44 years old I can tell you that my energy is up and having a much younger wife it has improved things in the bedroom as well (TMI :whistle: ) Not sure if it's more related to the no smoking thing or the weight but we're both enjoying the changes thus far.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2014, 3:13 pm 

The old saying {you have to fall off before you can ride} or something like that.

kan

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 10th, 2014, 1:32 pm 

Ok so I shared a current photo on facebook and someone suggested that post a comparison photo. I found a family photo of us from last Christmas at just about my heaviest around 260. Kinda happy with the transition. I didn't get real serious about this until the first of November because I had gotten back to my comfortable 240-ish weight during the summer. I am glad I decide to get this going again, I didn't think I'd ever see 210 again. But now I am not going after a number I am just going to keep going and see where it goes. I'll get to below 200 in the next month or so. Just interesting to see the difference 50 pounds makes. Back in November I wanted to see what 220 would look like, now I want to see what fit looks like. Basement is almost completed and some exercise space has been reserved.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 11th, 2014, 11:05 am 

Holy Crap! Not only do u look better from the weight loss but you look 10 years younger and more vibrant. Wow...u look amazing.

If you're interested, my wife is a coach for beachbody which is P90x, insanity etc... She's done it all over and over in our downstairs den. Right now the latest is P90x3. It's half hour workouts vs. The hour ones from p90x and x2. I think it might be the next step for you.

If you want,pm me. Also check out the beachbody.com website. These programs can be done with minimal equipment and u will see results...we do it here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 11th, 2014, 7:39 pm 

Thanks I just put insanity on my network drive to stream through my basement TV. Plan on trying that for a while.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 12th, 2014, 10:13 am 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

Dan - you look great -keep it up!

Question - has the weight lost affected your swing at all?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 12th, 2014, 10:46 pm 

Dan, Insanity is extremely tough. If you find it so, you might want to check out T25....it's a shorter Insanity so to speak.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 13th, 2014, 9:34 am 

I played on the simulator last week and again will tonight. I noticed an increase in swing speed, iron distance was above that of last years simulator speed. Doesn't mean much but it feels great.

As for the workouts I have pushed myself running on a treadmill, doing some crazy fitness routine may or may not be part of my agenda. So far I haven't hated doing any of it. If I start something and I hate it I just won't do it. I am making myself a pull up bar in the basement. I plan on trying some TV workouts like insanity and I'll check out T25. I might play more tennis this spring.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 13th, 2014, 7:33 pm 

Sounds great! Best of luck! A few guys had asked me a while back to post some short workout routines. I put them in the Health and fitness section if you want to check them out. These are usually what we end our 1 hour crossfit class with.

Today for instance was a 15 minute AMRAP ( as many rounds as possible). I completed 6 rounds:

Single arm snatch 40 lb dumbell 5 each arm
250 yard run
20 butterfly leg situps

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 16th, 2014, 8:50 am 

207 today... sub 200 just around the corner..

Although I woke up to the sad news about the shooting in our grocery store. That store is about 3 miles from our house and is the closest store we have. I eat lunch there with my wife several times a week, less than 2 miles from both our workplaces. I probably know the employee that was shot and hoping that the other victim is not someone I know. Many of the people I know shop there. Just so tragic and pointless. Thankfully probably not anyone I'm close to as I haven't heard anything yet. WTF is wrong with people? You always think this happens somewhere else, not today.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 16th, 2014, 1:50 pm 

too sad
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-New ... cery-store

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: January 21st, 2014, 9:07 am 

back to topic...

206 this am. Bought medium sweat pants and medium underwear yesterday... Wow!? Medium ? can't remember the last time I bought medium anything. I know stretchy stuff but it fits the way it's supposed to and I am damned happy about it.

Profile E-mail