All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Final Note on the Contests
PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 12:19 pm 

candukid wrote:
RickB wrote:
hotbaws wrote:

This must have been before my time on here but a Hendrix head :o

Any pictures?

This pic didn't do it justice. The head was truly a one of a kind and it looked really good. I would never have shafted it. I hope Steve has it sitting in a place of prominence.

At least Jimmi's eyes are looking away...if they were looking straight up, well, now THAT would freak me out!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 12:22 pm 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

DrGreen wrote:
Here's a couple more pictures:

These are the greatest looking club heads ever. Steve, next time we talk I have a question about how these were made.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 5:18 pm 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

I thought these would sell like free hotcakes right off the griddle.............WRONG!

...and Mr. D. about the sell thru on the Cleveland Classic......the persimmon look.....TOLD YA"! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 20th, 2012, 10:34 am 

Geekoman wrote:
I thought these would sell like free hotcakes right off the griddle.............WRONG!

...and Mr. D. about the sell thru on the Cleveland Classic......the persimmon look.....TOLD YA"! :lol:

Told me? I said someone should come out with a retro looking head years ago. :wink:
I'm not sure the look is what's selling it. It's long. I've heard many say they aren't too keen on the look, but that deep head has everyone ga-ga over it. :beer:

PostPosted: April 20th, 2012, 4:23 pm 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

mr_divots wrote:
Geekoman wrote:

Told me? I said someone should come out with a retro looking head years ago. :wink:
I'm not sure the look is what's selling it. It's long. I've heard many say they aren't too keen on the look, but that deep head has everyone ga-ga over it. :beer:

But, I told you they did. Same with this puppy! it's NOT checking out! :o

Last edited by Geekoman on April 23rd, 2012, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 21st, 2012, 10:46 am 

Geekoman wrote:
mr_divots wrote:
Geekoman wrote:

But, I told you they did. No sell thru! Same with this puppy! it's NOT checking out! :o

Pretty much everyone I hear talking about a new driver says, "I'll just wait 6 months for the prices to come down." The INDUSTRY as a whole has shot itself in the foot training people to be "wait and see" consumers. We're at critical mass with the amnt of equipment on the market and the "training" of the consumers. It's rare I see drivers newer than two or three years old when paired up with people.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2012, 11:46 am 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

mr_divots wrote:
Geekoman wrote:
mr_divots wrote:
Geekoman wrote:

But, I told you they did. No sell thru! Same with this puppy! it's NOT checking out! :o

Pretty much everyone I hear talking about a new driver says, "I'll just wait 6 months for the prices to come down." The INDUSTRY as a whole has shot itself in the foot training people to be "wait and see" consumers. We're at critical mass with the amnt of equipment on the market and the "training" of the consumers. It's rare I see drivers newer than two or three years old when paired up with people.

I agree ! & myself blame it on T/M, They come out with a new driver about every 8 mo. or less, ask 599.00 for it 6/8 mo. later you can buy it for 199.00 from THEM in there little hidden web stores WTF is that.

ALDILA, INTEGRA,
Discount to GolfBizTalk members

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 21st, 2012, 11:48 am 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

mr_divots wrote:
Geekoman wrote:
mr_divots wrote:
Geekoman wrote:

True...True Mr. D. But, one thing is a given...If it's a hot item and has the buzz going..people will not wait...they want it now! True with any retail item! The buzz factor must be there though...Big Time!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 21st, 2012, 6:11 pm 

Geekoman wrote:
Yes...it's right next to my Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page heads..... :yahoo:

and SRV :yahoo:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2012, 9:13 pm 

Maybe it's time to forget about dead rockers and do a Jessica Alba driver. How about it Geeko? Everyone would want to "hit it".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 10:37 am 

Geekoman wrote:
mr_divots wrote:
Geekoman wrote:
mr_divots wrote:
Geekoman wrote:

True...True Mr. D. But, one thing is a given...If it's a hot item and has the buzz going..people will not wait...they want it now! True with any retail item! The buzz factor must be there though...Big Time!

Yeah, we understand. Where are you getting your retail sales info from? Classic has as much "buzz" going as anything right now.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 12:28 pm 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

mr_divots wrote:
Geekoman wrote:
mr_divots wrote:
Geekoman wrote:
mr_divots wrote:
Geekoman wrote:

Yeah, we understand. Where are you getting your retail sales info from? Classic has as much "buzz" going as anything right now.

"yeah, we understand"

Why, of course you do! :lol:

Profile E-mail