It is currently September 20th, 2018, 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: The 'Official' GolfBizTalk.com introduce yourself thread.
PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 4:52 pm 

RickB wrote:
olsonel14 wrote:
I'm Eric from Wisconsin. I'm a 6 handicap who has seen the light! :) I just ordered my first non-oem golf clubs from Steve at Geek. Can't wait to hit them. Hopefully I can learn a lot about the club-making part of golf from people on this site. I'm a future club tinkerer!

Warning!! Getting yourself Geek-ed is the start of a lifelong journey of ho-ness. If you wish to save your soul you must sell your clubs and find a new hobby that does not lead to the same levels of expense and obsession. Maybe America's Cup yacht racing or owning a polo team. :geek:

I'm aware!!! My wife actually has a golf budget set aside for me so she doesn't complain as long as I stay within the budget. The problem is it's only the beginning of the golf season and I think I already have budgeted out my entire years expenses. haha

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 5:44 pm 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

Welcome ERIC!
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 6:19 pm 

olsonel14 wrote:
RickB wrote:
olsonel14 wrote:
I'm Eric from Wisconsin. I'm a 6 handicap who has seen the light! :) I just ordered my first non-oem golf clubs from Steve at Geek. Can't wait to hit them. Hopefully I can learn a lot about the club-making part of golf from people on this site. I'm a future club tinkerer!

Warning!! Getting yourself Geek-ed is the start of a lifelong journey of ho-ness. If you wish to save your soul you must sell your clubs and find a new hobby that does not lead to the same levels of expense and obsession. Maybe America's Cup yacht racing or owning a polo team. :geek:

I'm aware!!! My wife actually has a golf budget set aside for me so she doesn't complain as long as I stay within the budget. The problem is it's only the beginning of the golf season and I think I already have budgeted out my entire years expenses. haha

Sounds like it's negotiation time for you. You need to negotiate a larger budget!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 6:29 pm 

SVonhof wrote:
olsonel14 wrote:
RickB wrote:
olsonel14 wrote:

Sounds like it's negotiation time for you. You need to negotiate a larger budget!

No!! That's what women want, it's playing right into their hands. Women secretly want their husbands to get addicted to golf because it gives them the moral right to counterspend without guilt. You get a putter, she gets shoes. You get a driver, she gets jewelry. And god help you if you need a completely new bag because that means she's going to remodel the kitchen. The secret to a happy and successful marriage is to lie. You must hide your golf purchases from SWMBO. Have them delivered to the office or the neighbors. Keep a special PayPal account hidden to launder the money. Buy new clubs that look enough like the old clubs to fool the casual obsever. Remember Nicholson from A Few Good Men? You can't handle the truth! You have to hide things from each other, it's the only way.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 8:16 pm 
GolfBizTalk Sponsor

olsonel14 wrote:

Glad to have you here Eric!!! :clap: :yahoo:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 9:13 pm 

SKrinsky wrote:
SVonhof wrote:
olsonel14 wrote:
RickB wrote:
olsonel14 wrote:

No!! That's what women want, it's playing right into their hands. Women secretly want their husbands to get addicted to golf because it gives them the moral right to counterspend without guilt. You get a putter, she gets shoes. You get a driver, she gets jewelry. And god help you if you need a completely new bag because that means she's going to remodel the kitchen. The secret to a happy and successful marriage is to lie. You must hide your golf purchases from SWMBO. Have them delivered to the office or the neighbors. Keep a special PayPal account hidden to launder the money. Buy new clubs that look enough like the old clubs to fool the casual obsever. Remember Nicholson from A Few Good Men? You can't handle the truth! You have to hide things from each other, it's the only way.

So TRUE! She does have an equal shopping fund!! haha

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 20th, 2012, 7:33 pm 
GolfBizTalk Moderator

Welcome Eric .........great to have you aboard!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 9:28 am 

This is me.

Gary born 1974 just outside Glasgow, Scotland.

All the family golf and it was actually my Mum who was the first golfer as my Grandad was a keen golfer and she in turn got my Dad into golf after his football career was stopped short due to an ACL injury. My older brother is the better golfer in the family playing off 2.

I've been married for 6, 7, 8 a few years now to my long suffering wife Laetitia who is French. We've got 3 & 1/2 year old twins Louis & Jasmine so they cortail my free time that I use to use for golf.

I started out on BumScroteGolf a number of years ago so recognise a lot of the names on here.

I'm a member of Lanark Golf Club which is the 25th oldest golf club in the world and Lanark’s Silver Claret Jug, pre-dates the Open Championship Trophy by 15 years and has been played for every year since 1857. I also joined the New Club of St Andrews and have a Links Ticket which lets me play any of the 7 St Andrews courses.

I'm a 6 handicap and love to tinker in the garage with kit, so yes I'm a club ho'

cheers
Gary

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 9:59 am 

Welcome to you all...

I of course am a local legend working toward world domination in something. Not quite sure what it is yet. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8